Chapter 17 The memories

Flashback

The image of Ethan hitting her kept replaying in her mind. Making more tears to wet her earlier dried ones.

Eyes red and puffy, mind numb and body aching in emotional and mental fatigue.

Vivian was laying her head on the classroom desk ,while everyone was out playing. Too tired to do or say anything.

Not even caring to bandage the wound on the corner of her lip, she was feeling the tears slide down her cheek to wet the desk below.

Not knowing when minutes turned to hours, she fell asleep.

He enters, searching for her desperately. The second his eyes fell on her sleeping form , his eyes soften and footsteps slow down.

Clenching his fist that were bleeding and bruised, he steps closer to her. Afraid of hurting her by showing her his face.

But he knows he has to do it.... eventually he has to hurt her.

She was sleeping peacefully, her eyes closed and breathing slow.
Pulling a chair slowly, Ethan turns it around to sit down on it.

Staring at her beautiful face.

He can't believe what he did today. He was a coward...a psycho...a bast*** to raise his hand on her ..even though it was by mistake.
He has punished himself already, his bloody hand an evidence of how he hurted himself after hurting her.

But it was not enough.

He has to stop this now. He can't let her hurt more.

He has to let her go.

He sits there, continuing to stare at her. The trails of tears that covered her cheeks made him move up his bleeding hand involuntarily.
His fingers shaking as he cleaned them..to only stop at the small wound on the corner of her lip.......her soft lips under his thumb making regret to hit him more instead.

She was just trying to stop me....yet...I didn't listen to her.

She was not at fault....it was so wrong to hurt her when she was just trying to stop me from hurting.

His thoughts clouded. And heart at a battle of its own.But today one thing was clear.

He won't hurt her anymore after this.

She has fallen in love with an asshol** like him....he could see it clearly. But sadly he couldn't love her back in return.

He can only give her an unrequited love.

And he knows well how bad it hurts.

He won't let her feel what he is feeling for Sophie. He will leave her.
He will let her go.

Lost in thoughts he didn't realise when she wakes up , immediately pushing him back in shock.

"What....what are you doing here?"

She asks and Ethan lowers his eyes immediately. Not knowing how to say it.

"I .. .I...am sorry for hurting...you"

He says and she ignored him, pulling up her bag and proceeding to leave him.
When he blocks her path stopping her.

"Please Vivian listen to me once atleast."

Banging close the door. He blocks her. His hands on her either side stopping her.

"I wish to leave Ethan. Move aside."

"No. I won't let you go till you have heard me."

He says defiantly. She tries pushing him back but no avail, making more tears of frustration leave her eyes.