Chapter 30 The Game

..... Narator pov.....

You know what's the worst fear in life?

The fear of unknown.

The very fear in which Vivian was drowning and was trying her best to swim in to know what's hidden from everyone's eyes.

The truth of that night.

The recording she saw, the one the court and everyone saw was true.
Cent percent true.

She did push me in the waters that night.

Yes, the same Vivian you root for pushed me.

Yet I don't blame her.

Because somewhere I always believed that whatever happens, happens for good.

Sometimes half truth is more dangerous than the full. And that was in what all of them lived in.

Only I knew this full truth.

But see the irony, I couldn't tell them from here.

I couldn't relieve their aching hearts even a bit.

I can just watch like you all, seeing destiny unfold the roles of its players.

Hoping for a happily ever after.

When it seemed far from here

........................................................

4 months later

Hours changed into days, days into weeks and weeks into months.

The distance between Vivian and Ethan....well it seemed to be constant, unchanging with every passing second.

Or maybe decreasing by micro inches.

Trust.

The very word missing in them, which ruined the little spark of hope left in them.

She has decided to listen to Ethan for a change, she has decided to give her dreams a chance.

And she was souring in it, if not flying.

She never felt so happy before, she loved her work and it gave her confidence.

With Ethan being a workoholic himself, common time was in constraints.
They usually meet at breakfasts and a nod and few words is all they exchange.

Nothing like a couple, more like strangers living under a common roof.

It was a usual day like everyday, Vivian arranged the table with the maids.
The staff seemed to have grown closer to her and the little devil.

Blaze.

Her constant companion and best friend at this huge mansion.

"My blazeee is hungry? Wait. Let me first get you your food."

She says running her fingers through his fur, and kissing his head.
He looked at her with those wide excited eyes, barking at her to hurry up with it, when suddenly they hear footsteps approaching.

"Blaze my boy! Come lets go for a walk."

Ethan enters clapping his hands, to get the dogs attention. But he ignores him, staring at his new favourite food giver, Vivian.

"Blaze!"

He still doesn't listen and Vivian holds in a chuckle. All mighty being rejected by a dog, wasn't it hilarious.