Chapter 48 The Beginning of a War

"We not only inherit the genes from our parents.

We also inherit their sins.

And it's only on seeing our pains, that makes them finally quit."
- suzangill

.......

"We have an uninvited guest Sir."

A guard says, and Edward looks up from the papers. Adjusting the spectacles on his nose.

"Whose it?"

He asks, to look at the guard who step aside. His eyes widening seeing the man enter. And he gets up from the seat.

" Sir Ashton?"

"It's been a while Edward. Got to admit, you have been hiding well."

He says looking around and Edward chuckles, offering him a seat.

"What to do. One has to remain underground after having almost killed twice."

Ashton nods, sitting down. Looking at the dark room while placing his elbows on the table.

Edward takes a seat himself. Giving him his full attention.

"How are you. It's been long."

Ashton nods. Sighing.

"Indeed it has been."

"You could have called. It would have saved the time and effort."

"It's important Edward. Not all talks can be done over the phone."

Edward nods, guessing what it was.

"It seems you know."

And Ashton nods, leaning in closer.

"Vivian is not just your child Edward. She is my daughter as well. And I don't think I need to tell you to what extent I can go to keep my family safe."

Edward nods, gulping.

"I know. I beg my pardon for not informing you earlier. But you have already helped me enough Ashton."

"I didn't wanted to drag you into this mess."

"I was already a part of it Edward. Yet you not telling me the full truth, makes me doubt my trust on you."

"No Ashton.I....just didn't wanted to bother you."

"You lied to me regarding that accident Edward. You never told me it was an attack on your daughters.....you said it was just an accident on the cliff."

Edward sighs, running his hand through his hair. Fearing this moment.

"Tell me Edward what does he want? Still after revenge?"

Edward nods, looking down at his hands.

"Yes. While I was in coma he tried to kill Soph and Vivian that night. But luckily Vivian managed to escape alive....to be only thrown behind bars."

"The bast**** wants to avenge his dead wife. I don't know how to stop this."

There is silence for few minutes, when Ashton places his one leg on the other.
His next question making Edward to freeze.

"Vivian was stabbed in the prison. You didn't tell me it was my child that was killed Edward"

"I....I...was...I..."

Next he knows, Ashton grabs Edward shirt. Pinning him on the wall. Choking his neck.

"You again lied. Daring to hide my grand child's murder!!"