Chapter 16 The surprise

"Love is like a lightning.

Terrifying yet enlightening.

But you know what's the worst thing about it?

It never strikes the same place again.

That one...............

Never learns to love again."

.....................................................

Elijah stares at the girl sitting in front of him, sipping on her coffee.
Lost in thoughts.

"You can't be serious Viv."

Her eyes met his and she lowers her eyes. Staring at the wooden table of the restaurant they came to dine at.

"I have to Elijah. I don't have a choice."

"Fuc* Viv! Everyone has a choice! No way in hell are you going to marry that bast***! Do you hear me!"

Vivian chuckles a dejected broken laugh, helplessness evident in her eyes.

"Choice? I never got a choice Elijah. I have to do it."

"I am out on probation...if Roman wants he can throw me back into the cells any minute. Nothing can be done."

"I will give your bail...I..I will fight your case. I know one of the top lawyer firms in the country-"

Vivian places her hand on his. Stopping him.
Her beautiful green eyes looking at his anxious blue ones.

"It's no use Elijah. My father...he tried everything. All the evidences are against me... it's not possible to prove me innocent."

"This freedom I have right now....this is all that I can afford in this lifetime."

Her hands leaving his as she continues.

"And I can do anything for it. Even if it means marrying him."

Elijah moves his hand through his hair, leaning back on his seat. Sighing and cursing at this.

"He is gonna make your life a living hell Vivian. I hope you know how much he hates you."

Vivian just nods, a sad smile on her lips.

"I know. And maybe I deserve it Elijah. After all no matter what I say....I was still there when Soph died......I caused that accident...."

"Just shut it Vivian! You know what she did to you....how she played us all...how she used Ethan-"

"And yet after everything she begged for forgiveness Elijah...."

"........yet after everything she layed her life to save me."

There is silence for next few minutes. As both tried to calm themselves down.
The reality was like a bad dream that made then nostalgic....and they were always running from it.

"We all did mistakes Elijah. Soph was not the only one. "

"But death? No one deserved it. "

Elijah nods, looking lost.

"You are right maybe we all were wrong somewhere. But I just hope it doesn't has to be like this."

"I just hope Ethan looks beyond the layers of his hatred for you ....to see the real you."

Elijah says looking at her and she nods. Tears brimming her eyes.
His next question making her heart to thud.

"Do you still love him Vivian?"