Chapter 25 The Plantiff

Isn't life like a big complex puzzle which is very difficult to solve when one is young.

But as time passes, pieces start fitting together.
You start realising why things happen and what are their purpose.

You start understanding the meaning of life.

You start understanding your origin.

I wouldn't have even dreamed that Vivian and me will be blood related.

I always longed for a sibling,and see the irony.
I couldn't see that the one I wanted was always with me.

I got a sibling, but I couldn't tell it to her.

I found her, but it was too late by then.

Our father , the man that left me when I was 5 was always a mystery. Mom never talked about him and after asking her a hundred times,I stopped asking.

But I wouldn't blame her for it.

Edward Rogers was not a common man whose identity is to be disclosed on family picnic.

He was one of the most powerful figures in the world with enemies everywhere.

He left me with mom for our safety.

Giving us only one thing in return, the surname Rogers.

But Vivian?

It seems she couldn't even get that. Amelia , Vivian's mother was my father's first love.
He loved her from what I know now, but being a nobody. He couldn't marry her.

Leaving her when she was pregnant with Vivian.

Vivian's mother married another man, Roman Klein who loved her for her. And they had Aliza Klein after that.

Under family pressure Edward married my mother,and just one year later they had me.

A daughter.

Rogers was too big of an empire to be left without a heir, without the birth of a son. And that's when the actual downfall started.

Unable to have a son.

Seeing his first love settled and happy with another man.

He lost himself.

He became weak.

He broke completely.

Making his biggest enemy to rise. The very enemy who was blinded by greed and power, the enemy who killed Amelia to destroy him.

The man who played everyone on his fingers, without anyone knowing.

The second most powerful person in the world.

The actual Plantiff of the case.

........................................................

Present

A man sits in a luxurious villa , drinking a glass of bourbon.
His eyes set on the face in the news channel, repeating on the lcd tv.

Those green eyes, mocking him. As he tightens his grip on the glass.

"Mrs Vivian Lockwood was seen rushing from the shoot in a hurry."

"These candid pictures are the only ones we were able to click of this sensational beauty."

"The pictures of the shoot are exclusive and already trending all around to globe."