Chapter 50 The Impact

The night was young and the adrenaline rush, gushing.
The tires were screeching against the rough gravel, as Ethan drifted the car.

With the police at his trail and beads of sweat running down his forehead.

"Ethan....you are bleeding."

He hears her say, and he manages to look at her for a second. Her concerned eyes set at his torso.

"I am fine."

He says, not caring about his injury. Focussed on saving them tonight.His eyes focussed on the cars at his trail.

"They are not the police"

He says, making Vivian's eyes to widen.

"What .....what do you mean?

"Police can't reach us so fast. These are the bastards men! I swear I will kill him if he comes in front of me!"

Vivian gulps, wishing to ask him who this person was. But refrains herself....when she saw a car almost at their trail.

Bullets being fired non stop.

"Stay low Vivian! Stay low."

He says and she moves lower, covering her head with her hands. The back mirror shattering into pieces, making more glass shards to rain over them.

"Shit! Shit! Shit"

Ethan sees the driver ready to swing the steering towards him, trying to hit the back of the car. When he presses on the accelerator more, missing the impact by just a meter.

Sighing he looks at Vivian.

To see her green eyes looking at him with fear.

"They....they are too many Ethan."

She says looking back .

They see two cars approaching him from either side. And Vivian fears her end.

"Trust me Vivian ,we will escape this. I won't let anything happen to you."

She continues to stare at him and then speaks something that he never thought she will say again. The adrenaline rush in him doubling as his heart started beating faster.

"I trust you"

His grip on the steering tightening as he sees the two cars closing in. Taking a deep breath, he whispers lowly.

"Hold on"

"3"

The cars keep coming closer.

"2"

The car drivers exchange a look and one of them takes out a gun.

"1"

Pressing on the breaks, he make their car to slide back as the two cars on their either side, collide with each other.

Drifting to a side, Ethan starts the run again as Vivian stares at the damage they have done. Her heart thumping as she sees the driver's unconscious.

Gulping she looks ahead....only one left.

Thrusting the car forward, Ethan again exchanges the gears like a pro. Looking at the last car remaining in the side mirror.

They were loosing it.

Good.

Taking few swift turns, they drive through the silent roads. With both of them breathing heavily.

Ethan's view goes hazy for a second, but he shakes his head. Disregarding it.
Vivian trusted him ...he has to save her....he can't let them take her.