Chapter 47 Burning Rage

Millions of hearts have been broken in this world, billions of tears have been dried.

Yet, the only one that I have broken.

Is the only one capable to break me completely from the inside.

                                - suzangill
                        ........

Vivian wakes up to find herself in Ethan's arms. The memories of last night, very much alive.

She tries to move, to only have his grip tighten on her. As he places his cheek on her chest, breathing heavily.

His arms around her waist, afraid that he may loose her again.

"Ethan."

She says lowly to get nothing in reply, and she just sighs, placing back her head on the pillow.

She looks down at him again and smiles...he looked too peaceful to be disturbed right now. And she couldn't help move up her fingers,to caress his face with her knuckles.

Creases appear on his forehead when the sunlight kisses his skin and she places her hand in between, blocking the sun from his eyes.

To see the creases disappearing.

She giggles to herself,when suddenly she saw his one eye opening. And she places her other hand on her mouth, silencing herself.

"You were awake!"

She exclaims trying to get up, to only have him smirk.

"What a douche."

She tries to wriggle out of his grip when he pulls her wrist instead, making her fall on top of his chest.

"What....what are you doing Ethan?"

"Hmmm 5 minutes more. Please."

She rolls her eyes as he tightly,coils his arms around her. Breathing heavily.

"Come on Ethan. I can't breathe."

He looks down concerned, as she wriggles in his arms.
He loosens his grip on her but doesn't let her go.

Instead, placing his hand on her head. He makes her press her cheek on his chest.

And her eyes widen as she hears his heart beat, it was thudding rapidly in his chest.

"Ethan...."

"Hmmmm"

He asked, with eyes closed. Enjoying this bliss. When her next words made him chuckle.

"Do you have a heart problem? Blood pressure or palpitation perhaps?"

"No my little Phoenix"

"Why do you ask ?"

"Um it's just that your heart... it's beating very fast. I guess we should visit the doctor."

He chuckles, and she couldn't help admire his smile. It's been so long since she has seen him smile like this.

"What.. what's funny?"
She asks and he grabs onto her.

Turning her around,he makes her back hit the mattress and smiles, looking down at her concerned eyes.

"It's your doing Vivian. I am fully fit otherwise."

"Oh"

She says, lowering her eyes. A pink tinge visible on her cheeks. And he smiles lowering himself and touching his nose with hers.

"Why are you so cute my little Phoenix."

"I am...I....."

He doesn't let her complete. Placing a tender kiss on her forehead. Making her freeze.