Ch 60 Her Secrets

Till I was living for others, my happiness was running after theirs.

The second I started living for myself.

I didn't even feel the need to look back."

                                 - suzangill

                 .......

           Vivian's pov

Everything has a limit in this world, which once crossed could cause havoc in nature.

May it be the calm sea at rest that rises into tsunamis.

Or a simple beehive, if intruded to have the little bees kill a person in seconds.

And this limit for me has been crossed. My patience has worn off and the box of lies has overflown.

I knew what Ethan was doing.

I heard him talking to his father that night, I heard everything.

Yet, I didn't show it.

I let him love me that night. I fucked him that night, knowing  already that he will try to hurt me intentionally after it.

And he did.

But still, till the end. I don't know why I expected better from him. I expected him to tell me the truth himself.

And that's why I planned that drama of pointing the gun at me temple.

But Alas, the man's head is made of brick. He is so damn persistent. Refusing to tell me anything.

And that was my final test that he failed yet again.

He failed to gain my trust, by not telling me anything till the last moment until I had to tell him ,it being the last straw.

Yes, I know he did all this to keep me save. Trying to send me away from this place.  But still Ethan, if you wouldn't have said those degrading words and trusted me once.

I would have stayed.

But not now.

Coming back to the present, I see the doors getting closed as Ethan leaves with Soph.

A long sigh leaving my lips as I drop the façade.

Relaxing back in the chair.

James looked amazed, seeing my change in persona, to just sit casually in front of me.

Watching me.

"You aren't sad he choose her again? I thought you will be devastated."

Placing my elbow on my thigh, I just let out a breath. Taking out the earpiece from my ear and tossing it on the floor.

Smashing it under my feet.

Everyone was appalled would be an understatement.
With James eyes shifting between the device and mine.

"What's the use to cry for a bastard. Anyways those two cowards deserve each other."

James again stares, to only crack up suddenly. Getting up from his seat.

"I like it. You are an intriguing girl Vivian."

I smirk at him, placing my one leg over the other, while adjusting my elbows on the armrest.

"Cut the crap James. Come to the point. Tell me , what can I do for you?"

Everyone in the room looked a little afraid, seeing my change of attitude. They were vary of me, good I  can be dangerous if I want to.