Chapter 55 Coming back

" It's a lie that love can't happen twice.

It can.

But what a fool I was to fall for the same man again
Despite knowing that no matter what,

He will always choose her over me without even a blink of an eye."
- Vivian
.......

"What is the boy doing with you Delia? Since when did you started going against me?"

Edward asks Delia, looking at Elijah. Who stands behind Delia.

"Sir I can-"

"Shut up boy! I didn't ask you! Speak Delia."

"Sorry boss I...I he said he could help us....that he knew about James location. "

"So what! You will take the help of our enemies Son! Have you forgotten who his father is!"

"But he is-"

Next they know, a smack is heard as Edward slaps Delia. But she doesn't say anything, lowering her eyes. Knowing she deserves it.

"You forget so easily all that I have done for you!"

"You tried crossing me!!"

He raises his hand to slap her again when to their surprise. His wrist is held mid air.

Edward's eyes widen seeing Elijah holding his wrist, stopping him from hurting Delia.

"Don't you dare. The fuc* she said sorry already!"

Delia was surprised, seeing him stand in front of her. Pulling her behind him. Protecting her.

Edward tried to pull back his hand, to only have Elijah tighten his grip. Looking into his eyes unafraid.

"You bastard! I will make sure you rot in hell forever! Guards!"

Delia's eyes widen as she tries pulling Elijah back. Pleading him.

"Elijah please... don't do this... please!"

"No Delia! You did all this for Vivian! And he needs to realise this!"

"If it wasn't for you trusting me... Vivian would have died in that car crash!!"

He looks back at Edward. Fearlessly.

"Hurt me all that you want! After all it's my blood that's tainted right? Don't you dare envolve anyone else in it!"

As the guards approach them. Holding his either arm. He doesn't thrash, looking into Edwards cold eyes.
Delia tries to stop the guards but all invain.

"Boss please! He helped us save Vivian. He...he realises his mistake and he is sorry for it!"

Edward ignores Delia's cries. Nodding at the guards who pull him to the torture room.

"Stop Delia! You don't need to beg. I deserved this anyways"

Edward clenched his fist, seeing the man getting dragged away.
When a voice, makes them all stop.

"Stop it"

They turn their heads to look at the intruder, to see Vivian standing there. Edward's eyes immediately softening seeing her.

"Daughter? You should rest."

She approaches them. Her eyes fixed at Elijah as she speaks to her father.

"Let him go father."

Elijah lowers his eyes, ashamed to look at Vivian.

"Him? You are asking me to leave him? Do you even know the reality of this man Vivian? He lied to you! He hid his identity! He drugged you the night of the accident! "