Chapter 31 The Beginning

The night has been restless and the day,frustrating.

Staring at her picture in his phone, Ethan sits impatiently.
His right leg shaking ,as he anxiously waits for the person to come.

"Mr Lockwood. Good morning."

Surprised,Ethan gets up. Shaking his hand.
Dressed in black, the person looks around to see that no one was around.

To only feel comfortable and settle down.

"What is it that is so impossible?"

The person nods, handing him over a folder.
While folding his hands on his lap.

Anxious of how he will react.

"All the information is in it. It seems more was hidden than we thought."

Ethan nods, running through the pages.

"Medical reports?"

He asks in surprise, to only look up at the person briefly.

"No Mr Ethan. Not just medical reports but fraudulent medical reports."

"I ask the authorities to provide me with the convicts medical track record . And this is what they gave me."

"I investigated further to only know that the doctor's sign on these papers were fraudulent. This doctor died 10 years back....."

Ethan looks at the man with narrowed eyes.

"Speak clearly. What is the meaning of this?"

The man sighs before continuing.

"What we were shown is a lie Mr Lockwood. Here...these are the true medical reports."

The person offers the papers to Ethan ,and his eyes run over the words hungrily.

Patient name: Vivian Klein

A laparatomy was conducted at 3:09pm to examine the health of the internal organs,and to measure any injury caused after the incident.

The wound has been stitched and there were no traces of Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, and Pseudomonas found.

The health of patient is critical due to the blood loss and the loss of the foetus, who died at 2:38 seconds, being born immature at just 18 weeks.

Ethan's hand trembled. The last line making his vision to go blury....no...this can't be happening....she can't be....

The paper drops from his hand as he forgot to breathe for a second.

"I am sorry for your loss Mr Lockwood. Your wife was pregnant when she was stabbed in the prison."

With this the person leaves.

Ethan was too lost to do or say anything, lost in his thoughts. Holding his head in his hand he tries to remember the last time he did it with her.

Fuc*

He didn't use protection....he was in such a hurry to devour her.
And if he remembers correctly...it was roughly 4.5 months before the accident...the child was 4 months 15 days.

Sh**!

All the evidences...the reports...the way her hands move on her stomach when she wakes from a dream.

They prove it....they prove it that it was their child.

DAMMIT!!

Getting up, he brings down the stuff from the table. Upturning it next.