Chapter 2.

I stared at the spot where the girl had been, to dazed to notice that she’d left. I turned my attention to my Beta and Omega. As soon as I stood, most of our pack had arrived. I nodded to them all as the showed me their necks.

I trotted over to Omega, who was slung across our Beta’s back, when a piercing cry rang through the crowd. “Riley!” A woman emerged from the crowd and ran to our Beta, “Colton, what happened to him!” She sobbed as she held Riley’s wolf in her lap.

I had to look away, their mating bond really got to me. Partially cause I was intensely jealous. I’m Alpha for crying out loud and I haven’t even found my mate yet. But that Rogues scent just about drove me crazy when I smelt her. That’s why I had chased after her, She probably thought I was a Rogue myself when she saw me.

And then I sent out a howl to my Beta and Omega, but when she saw us, instead of stopping, she went faster. Riley and Colton had yelled at me that she was a worthless Rogue and we should leave. But my wolf was telling me one thing, the most important thing to a wolf. Mate. She was my mate, the one fate had slotted me with to love and cherish forever.

But the way she spoke, made my heart skip a beat. How she thought that no one would care if she lived or died. I did, I had to, and she was my life now. I just had to make her see that.

I turned my head to the pack Go back to the pack house and take care of them, there is something I need to tend to.

I took a step forward when all of a sudden I could hear a howl far off in the forest. It was filled with such anger and raw pain. I’d never heard a more painful sound in all my life.

Colton stepped forward. Alpha I will accompany you.

I looked back at him pointedly, No Colton stay with the pack, I have to do this alone.

He nodded and picked up Riley again. I watched as my pack disappeared into the forest. I waited until I couldn’t hear them anymore before disappearing into the forest after the female.

I sent my mind out in search of my mates. But I didn’t pick hers up, she must be sleeping somewhere. So I put my nose to the ground and hunted her sent. I must have run at least twenty more miles until I got to a little clearing. My wolf purred in approval.

I gingerly stepped into the clearing, waiting to see if anything was going to jump out or attack me. I waited ten more minutes before I decided there were no traps and tricks hidden, I walked around the clearing finding a stream at one end and a cave that had her sent all over it.

So I laid down outside the mouth of the cave. I’m fine Colton. I will be spending the night with my Mate, don’t send anyone after me. I sent to my Beta.

I felt his surprise and his acknowledge of my command. As soon as I closed the link to the pack I slept. I would see her in the morning and hopefully she would let me explain. Because my wolf was demanding that I take her, almost instantly.

I quieted my wolf; she wouldn’t forgive me if I took her as you demand.

She’s our mate, must have her. Now.

I sighed. Hating when he acted like this. No, if I take her by force, she will reject us wolf.

He growled. She needs to be with us. Only us.

I sighed again and yawned. I no, but there is not much I can do. You saw her, where she came from. I can tell she already hates me, for some reason.

He snarled. She’s from enemy pack. Unmated mate.

I closed him down because I hate talking to him when he’s like this. Plus I needed to get sleep; surely she’ll be a hand full.