chapter 4.

The Alphas p.o.v

I watched in shock as her smoky white wolf disappeared into the forest. What the hell? Why didn't she want me? Want our mating. What happened to her to screw her up so badly? My wolf was angry at me as well. Not that I couldn't blame him.

I sat in the clearing for hours. Until my beta showed up. “Alpha, there you are. What are you doing here in No Man’s Land? Why does it wreak of the bitch Rogue?” He growled.

I growled at him, my wolf instantly flaring up, He growled in anger. “That's my mate you’re talking about. Be careful how you speak about her.”

He looked at me shocked. “Are you sure Vincent?”

I nodded. How could I not be? Her smell is so mouthwatering. It smelt like heaven, Strawberries in the wind. I have never smelt anything like her before. My wolf would not shut up about how perfect she smelt and how beautiful she was.

My wolf bristled. We need her. Our mate. Find her.

I ignored my wolf. “Yeah, but she's a difficult one.”

My wolf started bristling. Because of you. Because you over reacted. And I beat you up for days about that. And you thought that I was lying to. Stupid boy.

Again, I ignored my wolf. “She also hates me, and is not accepting the fact that she's my mate. We fought-”

His growl interrupted me. “She fought you? Did she hurt you?”

I sighed. “Yes and no. She got me good a couple times.”

My wolf snorted at that. No, she handed you our ass on a platter. And you liked it.

I had to grin at that one. I certainly had found it sexy to say the least when her wolf was fighting. I didn’t like the fact that she was fighting against me. She fought like she was dying, and it had pained me. Until she'd latched onto me, then my wolf started to realize what she was trying to do.

I could feel his anger radiating off of him. “She hurt you? She must be brought to the packs justice. It doesn’t matter if she is your mate.”

I stood up. “I will find her,” We started walking back to the compound in silence. This left me to my thoughts.

Where would she go? Did she have someone who loved her human side? The thought made my blood boil. Why did she run? Why didn't she want to be my mate? Was I really that bad? My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when Rosalie came running up to me. I snarled at her. My wolf snarled at her to. Causing her to freeze, she should be afraid.

 His ears pinned back. Don't you let that whore touch us! She has no right to touch us anymore.

“Honey?” She said unsure.

I glared at her. How could I ever think that she was beautiful? She wasn't even pretty, compared to my mate; I didn't even know her name. “You are not to call me that anymore Rosalie. I am your alpha, not your playmate. I no longer need you.” And with that I walked past her, without glancing back.

She let out a gasp. “You found her, didn't you, Alpha!” There was hatred clear in her voice.

I waited till the whole pack had gathered in front of our Pack house. “I would like to inform all of you, that I have found my mate!”

They howled their joy to the forest and the sky. My sister came up and hugged me tight. “Oh, Vinny. I'm so happy for you bro. And I know that if mom and dad were still with us that they'd be proud and happy for you.”

I hugged her back. “Thanks Lizzy.”

I could tell Liz was confused. “Where is she?”

I sighed. Not wanting to explain this to her. “She ran. So I’m going to find her. I'm leaving to night and I won't return till I find her. You are in charge until I get back Lizzy. Take care of our family.”

She nodded and I said my goodbyes to the pack and then disappeared into my forest. I would have to be careful. She probably headed into Alaska. It would be very difficult for her to stay in the surrounding areas, seeing as everyone feared the Bone Crushers they were in the top three largest packs. Along with my own, The Blood Fang pack.

I returned to the clearing where we fought. As soon as I got her scent I bolted into the forest. I let my wolf take over instinctively so that I didn't have to concentrate so hard. I took control back after a while. I only stopped to get some water and a snack. Once my wolf was full I took off again, keeping control of him.

He snarled in our head. Let me out. I will find her. I can make her see your mistakes. She needs us!

I shook my massive head. I will need to make a connection with her. Get her to open up and tell us what happened. We have a right to know.

I shut him out softly. I opened my mind to her, to my mate. And I felt her shock and horror. Mate, please listen to me, I just want to talk.

I could feel her hesitation, and her disbelief. No! I hate you! Just leave me alone!

My heart clenched at her words. But she had to understand, that she needed me. Please, at least tell me your name?

Again her hesitation was strong, but I think her wolf was stronger. Tatum.

My wolf howled in Joy, now he knew her name, and could always talk to her. My name is Vincent. And I just want to know what happened. After I left, the first time.

All of a sudden a hot anger filled me, along with agonizing pain. Was all this emotions from her? Why did she have such brutal emotions? And all I wanted to do was comfort her. Take all her pain away.

No! I will never tell you! And I will never forgive you. Now leave me alone or I will have no choice but to reject you. She snarled across my mind. And then forced the link shut.

I groaned. Why could she not trust me?

My wolf hunkered down inside me, still wanting to take over, but not so much. Because of how we acted towards her when she was little.

I stopped at the boarder of my pack land, soon as I stopped; I trotted over to a fallen tree, and fell asleep. Thinking of Tatum and nothing else.