Chapter 13

Damien's p.o.v

I could not believe what that bastard had made her go through. Was he insane? Me and Maria had known were Mates since we were thirteen. And I hadn't acted like that. Was he raised by irresponsible parents? Or was he just that high and mighty that he never bothered to read the Alpha books. The book was only available to Alphas!

I growled at the thought of Vincent ever touching Tatum again and it made my blood boil. Made me want to kill him on sight, but I knew I could not do that. But as I went over the story again and again, everything she had done, or said made sense. It was a bad relationship indeed and I am glad she decided to flee. She would not be happy in that relationship with someone who had treated her like that.

I listened through the mind link that me and my brothers shared, to Tate's story. It would be the only way I could get it. She of course already trusted Alex and Brent, I had surprised me how quickly she had felt safe with them. Yes I knew she felt like that with me and my friends, but that was a day or two after we'd met.

She hadn't known them, they had simply been sent to bring her to the Alpha. But I knew she find great friends and Allies in those two. Knew she would feel safe enough to confide in them, as she never had with me or any of the guys. I wonder what had made my brothers so different.

Was it because they were mated, that they would understand what she needed more than anything? I knew they were headed here and that Tatum had fallen asleep. Which was good, she needed the sleep.

I know that between the time she'd arrived in Valdez, she had split her time being extremely careful as to not bring attention to herself from either the Alpha, or that bastard mate of hers, Vincent. So she hadn't gotten a lot of sleep. That and trying to find a house. Even though she did not know she was actually, going to pretty much live across the street from the Alpha.

I was torn out of my thoughts when Alex threw open the mind link that we share. It irritated me to no end when he did that. And he knew it to. That's why him and Brent loved to torment me so. As if I didn't have enough to worry about. The Alpha title, the pack, and now my little mate.

Alex spoke to me then. Are you sure it is a good idea to get involved with this one, brother?

I sighed. Of course now he chose to be a big brother. Yes, I love her, and she loves me. As soon as she's settled in her new home, she is going to reject her mate. Which is good? She doesn't need to be hung up on him. And then I will finally be able to have her without him harassing us. As I have no doubt he will try.

I could tell he was not pleased. Did you hear her story though? She is badly scared, and not just mentally and emotionally! But physically. She fought Rogues for seven years! Is she stable enough to be the Female Alpha we need her to be? Can she cope with the stress?

I really did not want to worry about that, but I knew that Alex would not let it go. In time yes, my only worry, is getting her to accept this, and to be comfortable here, I want her to feel safe. She's never felt that way before, until she met me, and the guys, and now you and Brent. She already feels safe with you. This is good.

He sighed. Brother, just do not get to use to her, until she rejects him. He may try to win her back, and then you will be heart broken, I do not want to see that of my brother and Alpha, a second time.

I knew he was referring to when I lost Maria. I had not been the most stable Alpha, or brother. In fact I had been neither until my brothers had had enough. This was good of them. I'm stronger now, and able to make my own decisions. And the pack trusted me, and they would trust her to, once they knew her back ground, and the horrors she had  to face to get to where she was today. She is my mate, and their soon to be Female Alpha.

I know Alex, I won't let it happen. We have already spent a week, living together. So it will be fine. I assured him. I quickly turning me attention to Tatum. How is she by the way?

He chuckled. She is fine brother. She is sleeping on Brent. We made sure she is comfortable. We are stopping again now to get gas. We made a bed in the back, by folding the seats down. She will be fine. She will probably still be sleeping when we get there.

I chuckled to. I could imagine it. She slept like the dead. Yes, she sleeps very heavily. Does she have adequate clothes for the harsh cold that is coming?

Alex laughed at that. Probably thought I was being an over protective hen. Yes, she bought herself a fur lined coat, before we left the truck stop. She felt bad for borrowing Brent's. Even though he didn't mind, neither of us would. She is practically a part of the family now.

I nodded to myself. That sounded like Tatum. She liked to pay her own way, rarely accepted charity. Actually I think she frowned upon it. But it had to be done. She couldn't have very much money; now that she'd bought the house, even though I'd pretty much gave it to her.

I yawned. Alright brother, take good care of her. She is very important to me.

He sighed. I will brother, now go get some sleep. I know you've been up worrying. We will wake you if we get there before morning.

I nodded and shut down the mind link. I can't help but feel over protective of her. She took a piece of my heart with her when she left me in White Horse. Of course I had kept a piece of hers. But she meant more to me than she knew. To my pack, even if they didn't know it yet. Besides I could make her happy, more so than that moronic Vincent. I would not treat her has he had.

She would be safe here; she will have the freedom, which she wants more than anything. And I'll give it to her. She will be happy, and once she rejects him, and we will fully mate. She can have a family if she'd like that. I'll have to take her on dates; since she's never been on one. And then protect her from the guys. She'll have five brothers, who will enjoy teasing her. She'll have a family, a much better one this time.

Ajax snorted. If I see the bastard I will kill him.

I sighed. Here we go. Ajax, you cannot kill Vincent, until Tatum rejects him. If you do, you could quite possibly kill her to. Do you want that?

He bristled. Do not even ask me that. Of course not! I adore Tatum, and I love Snow. She is perfect for me, for us.

I smiled. He was right. No one else knew our pain better than she does. Yes. She is. She is who we have been waiting for, ever since our mate was taken from us. The goddess has sent us someone at last.

He agreed. You need to sleep. She will not be pleased if you look so gruesome after promising to take care of yourself.

I had to agree. So I made my way to my room, catching a quick shower and laid in my bed. I sighed, willing myself to sleep. Before I had fully fallen asleep I bolted up, and then quickly gathered the whole story in my head, I looked at the clock quickly. It was not too late, around nine-ish. I sent out a message to the whole pack, letting them know who is coming and her story.

I sent it through the pack link, and felt each of their acceptances of her. A few of the females wished to meet her, so that they could talk about girly things I supposed. And the guys, the entire un-mated wolves' wanted her; and all mated one's felt protective over her already. Which was good, I had hoped this would be the outcome of the news. Now she had a family, who would fight for her this time.

With that done, I collapsed onto my bed as a chorus of Good night, Alpha dancing through my head. I fell asleep with a smile on my face and started dreaming of the coming future. With Tatum; my new mate.