Chapter 11.

Vincent's p.o.v.

My wolf howled in Frustration. As soon as we had left that town, we'd been on the hunt for Tatum's scent, and we couldn't even pick up a wisp of her scent, since we'd arrived in Alaska. And we had made several trips up and down the boarder, hoping to finally catch a trace of her. But it was like she had utterly disappeared.

And I couldn't shake the nagging feeling of that Amethyst girl. She had looked so much like Tatum, and even talked like her. Except that her hair and scent was different. Where Tatum had been a dirty blonde, Amethyst had pure black hair. And Tatum smelt of Strawberries and new earth. Amethyst smelt like Apples and Peaches, with a fresh smell of water. Even my wolf was confused, and he's supposed to be able to know our mate, anywhere.

But things could be done to mask ones looks and scent. But would my Tatum really do that? Did she hate me so much to hide from me? And that Alpha boy, He seemed too young to be fully mated or to be alpha. But then again, I had become alpha at a young age. It wasn't uncommon. When a father would pass it down early.

What would Tatum do if she saw me? What if she is this Amethyst girl? Had she claimed him as her mate?

Vane, my wolf, bristled. She can't! She knows we are her true mate. She wouldn't do that, because she hasn't rejected us. And Snow would not let her do that.

I sighed. He was right on one aspect. Snow hates us to Vane. Remember what Tate said? We'd hurt her and the wolf inside her. Snow is probably agreeing with Tate now.

He growled at me for the hundredth time today and then became silent. I was grateful for it. How annoying he can become sometimes. I gave up for the day and returned to Valdez. It was the closest town I could find. I stopped inside a coffee shop to get something warm, only to return to the cold shortly after.

"Are you sure? Oh my goodness baby, I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me babe. I had no idea, his territory was the lower half of Alaska, and I'll be getting out of here immediately. I'll let you know if I find something, and then I'll see you." A girl's voice said. She sounded extremely familiar to me.

It was quiet for several minutes with the occasional uh hush's and OH's. "Damien, be nice to the boys. They really do look up to you, you know that don't you?" She laughed at whatever he had said and then sighed.

I felt like such a stalker. Listening to Amethyst and Damien. But she made me curious. "I love you to sweet heart, I'll talk to you soon." I watched her hang up and then quickly run into a real estate office.

What was Amethyst doing in a real estate office? Let alone so far from her mate? Did she often do this? I wanted to know more about her. Maybe I could discover if it was really Tatum or not. I heard raised voices as I passed the real estate office. They were obviously excited, even though they were muted.

And then all of a sudden Amethyst came flying out of the office with her phone in her hand. She looked very excite, that was until I decided to slip on some ice and crash into her. I took both of our weight when we fell. Her landing on top of me.

She groaned as she sat up. Rubbing her knees. "I am so sorry sir, I wasn't watching where I was going." She got up hastily.

I shook my head. "No it's totally my fault. I'm not use to the Ice."

She stared at me incredulously. "Alpha Vincent?" Her tone was full of shock and surprise.

I nodded. "Oh, Amethyst. How wonderful to see you again."

She nodded and chuckled. "Yes, have you found your pack member yet?" She seemed sincere enough, maybe my worry was all in my head.

I frowned. "No, Alaska is a big state. I'm not used to all the land. But I've got her scent, so it's only a matter of time before I find her. I wish she still had her cell phone though."