Chapter 17

Vincent

I sighed. She was giving me three weeks. Three weeks to prove myself and even worse. I had to stay in the pack house, with her and Damien. This was going to be hard. How could I deal with this? Having my mate so close, yet so far from me. And in the arms of another man?

"Alright. If you'll excuse me. I've got to run into town to get my things from the hotel." I stood and so did everyone else.

Tatum smiled. "Do you need help with anything?"

I sighed. "Yeah, help would be great."

She giggled. And it sounded like music to my ears. The way her face scrunched up in amazement. "Alright. I'll come help."

Damien growled at this, "Tate's I don't think that's a good idea." His voice condescending.

She growled right back to him. "We've come to an agreement Damien! He won't be able to pull anything on me, not this time. And now that he knows, it'll be easier."

I could tell that he was far from happy with it, but nodded. I could tell already that they had a strong bond and that it was strong. I couldn't suppress the growl that rumbled up my throat when he hugged her. But dammit, that was my mate he was touching. And my wolf didn't like it one bit.

"Can we go now?" I said, with a bit of venom slipping out.

Tatum turned to me and smirked. "Of course."

I walked out to my car and waited for her. I could hear them all talking. All the guys were overly protective of her. Why had she trusted them so easily? Why couldn't she forgive me, what I had done to her was a long time ago, and I had told her that I beat myself up over and over for doing it. But I guess for her, it was very fresh.

Vane decided to make himself known. You're going to let those male's touch our mate?!

He was angry, of course. I have no choice Vane. I have three weeks to prove I have changed, and am not as she has seen me. To gain her trust and love. It would not be wise to start a fight with the pack she has chosen to join. Would you rather hurt her more now, after all we went through to get here? Just for her to reject us.

He growled at me. But he knew it was true. That we had no choice. Your right. Human matter's, are hard to understand. I just want my mate Vincent. I want to love her and protect her.

I sighed. So do I Vane, I want that more than anything.

He went back into whatever hole he'd been hiding in as Tatum came out of the house. All six of the guys following behind her. She was laughing. I couldn't help but bristle. "I know guys. Don't worry, I'll be safe. Vincent won't hurt me. I'll call for you should I need help, alright?"

They all growled but nodded. Big brothers indeed. "Come on Tatum!" I hollered.

She turned to me. "I'm coming, hold your horses." I watched her run off the porch and then slip on a patch of ice, landing on her ass. I moved to help her as did the guys. But she waved us off, getting up off the ground. "That'll leave a bruise." She laughed, before carefully walking towards the car and climbed in.

I nodded to the guys and got in, starting the car and backing out. I froze as her natural scent enveloped me. "Tatum, I-"

She giggled. "Vincent, don't let the guys get to you. They are just over protective."

I sighed. "I got the hint of that. But Tate, I really am sorry."

She sighed. "I've gotten that vibe from you."

I looked at her. "Then why does it seem like you won't ever forgive me?"

I felt her stiffen beside me. "Vincent. Please, don't bring up the past."