Chapter 7.

Vincent’s p.o.v

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My legs just about gave out on me when I reached a small town. I shifted and my wolf grew restless. I ran the most part of the last three days and am utterly tired. I ran a hand through my hair as I walked into town. It was late and there wasn't much open. I had to leave first thing after eating and catching a nap.

A few girls walked by me and giggled. “Oh my god, did you see him, he is so hot.”

Another blushed and giggled. “I wonder if he's local.”

They all burst into a fit of giggles. I didn't see what was so good. I'd been traveling for almost a week and felt like hell. I'm sure I looked just as bad. I need to get food now, before my wolf went to hunt.

He chuckled. You wouldn't mind. You haven't minded all week.

I agreed. That was when we needed to eat without stopping. We need to catch up with her. She's probably somewhere in Alaska already.

He snorted at me. Maybe, but her scent is all over this town. She definitely stopped here.

I agreed with him once again. It did smell as though she was here. But it was fading, so that had been a while ago. I saw a group of guys about my age, “Hey do you guys know a good place to eat?”

The tallest turned around and froze. “Uh yeah, right up the street. Kathy's Diner, She'll get you all set.”

I nodded my thanks and head in that direction. They seemed a little off, and that’s when my wolf decided to show himself, again.

He snarled. They are also wolfs. And we are an outsider, and very far from home.

I sighed. He was right, of course. I know, but we can't go home without Tatum, we need her, and she needs us. Even if she hasn't realized it yet.

He laughed inside my head. I doubt that she will have changed her mind Vincent. She seemed very straight on her path when we last spoke to her.

I growled at him. Damn, why did he have to be so right all the time? That was four days ago Vane. She might have calmed down now.

He snorted again and became silent. I growled at him. How could he think that she might not accept us now? I've given her time to think. Lots of time, four days, and the time before she left me in that damned clearing alone. I've given her enough time. It’s bizarre how she's acting. I took a table away from the door and waited.

A slightly older lady came over to the table. “What can I get for you today son?”

I smiled at her. “Can I get black coffee with a steak and French fries?” Hoping that was okay.

She chuckled. “Calm your heart wolf. We are all family here. And I’ll be right back with that coffee.” She walked away smoothly.

I stared at where she had stood. Had she called me wolf? Does that mean she's one? Is there a pack in the area that I need to inform of my presence? I didn't think so. That group of boys probably told the alpha I was here. Which was good, I wouldn't have to track him down, He'd come to me. And as alpha's I would honor that.

I was interrupted as a coffee mug was set down in front of me. I risked it. “You haven't seen any new people around here, have you? She'd be kind of new and not looking like everyone else?”

She smiled, and I knew she'd seen my mate. “Yes, there was a girl in here a couple days ago. She came in, ate and then headed out. She said she was on her way to Alaska, if I remember correctly.”