Chapter 16.

TATUM

It's been a week since I found out that Damien is actually Alpha James. A week since I'd even heard a whisper from Vincent. Which I was very thankful for; even though I just wanted to reject him already. But that didn't stop Damien from taking me out and sweeping me off my feet. Or the guys giving me a hard time, which made me blush a hundred times a day.

I stretched and got out of bed. Quickly showering and throwing on a dress with some leggings and my fur boots, I had to fight some girl over them in the local mall. They cost a fortune but I needed them. I skipped down stairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning guys." I smiled, grabbing the bagel out of Damien's hand and the cup of coffee. "Thanks Hun."

The guys all stared at me. "Good morning Tatum."

I watched as they all went back to what they were doing and Damien stepped in front of me. "Hey, that was my breakfast missy."

I giggled. "Well, I'm in a hurry, and I don't have time to make my own." I kissed him quickly and made my way to the front door.

His arms wrapped around my waist. "You're not getting away that fast Tats."

I smiled. "Dame, I have to go. Seriously, if your still beat up about the food thing, I'll make it up to you!"

He chuckled, pushing us out the door before spinning me to face him. "Tatum why are you in such a rush this morning?"

I sighed. I must have forgotten to tell him. "Damien, I have a job interview this afternoon. And I don't want to be late!" I huffed and then shivered. Damien had pushed me out the door before I could grab my coat. "Now if you'll move I have to get my coat, then I've got to go! I'll make it up to you for leaving today, even though I do absolutely nothing all day, every day." I sighed dramatically.

He chuckled and then kissed me deeply. He was making my wolf stir awake inside me. I groaned inward. "Alright Tatum, I'm holding you to it. I'm just nervous about letting you out by yourself. Vincent could be cooking something up, a plot to take you away from me."

I nodded. It made sense for him to think that. We hadn't heard a whisper from the man who was supposedly obsessed with me. "I'll take one of the boys with me, if it means that much to you." I huffed glancing at my watch. "But I've got to go, so hurry." I pushed him back inside.

I got into my car. The guys had made me get one, seeing as I couldn't always travel the way I knew, by wolf. Getting my license once like a huge accomplishment for me. While I'm looking for a job, the guys are going to help me finish school, since I'd been kicked out around high school, I sort of have to start from the beginning.

Someone got in the car, the scent told me Damien. "What are you doing?"

He just stared at me. "You said you would take one of the boys. I'm one of them; I'm the most capable of protecting you, so why shouldn't I go?"

I shrugged, Started the car and back out onto the street. Driving towards Fairbanks. I couldn't help but be a little on edge. What if they figured out what I was? I haven't spent much time in human towns. As I was never allowed to go out with the rest of the pack, because I was a disgrace to them, and then when I was a Rogue, I just never went unless I absolutely needed something.

Damien interrupted my thinking. "So, where are we going today?"

I contemplated telling him a lie, but then how could I explain pulling up in front of the police department. "To my job interview." I smiled.

He tried giving me the look, but I refused to buckle under it. "Please tell me where we are going."

I sighed. I am so whipped. I love him to death. "Alright, alright. I have an interview at the Police station, to be a K-9 officer."