Chapter 22

Tatum

It's been nearly a week since the hot tub night and everything has been going great. The guys are all getting along, the pack gathering went great, and Damien's pack loves Vincent. All the girls swoon after him, which irritates me, but thankfully they all know he's my mate. So they don't try anything.

Vincent has taken me out on several dates, so that we can get to know each other. I have to admit, that it's a lot of fun, and like a lot of the movies I've seen. Damien took me out the days Vincent couldn't. Vincent was always telling me about his pack, what they were like and what they did most of the time. It was all interesting to me, because I'd never heard any of it before.

I'm moving back into the pack house today. All my aches and pains gone. This is a complete relief. If I were to be honest with myself, I'll admit I missed the guys. Even though I visited them every day, Rayne was always around. I know she's up to something. But what is it? What could she possibly be planning?

A knock at my door shredded my thoughts. "Tate's? Are you ready?" Vincent asked.

I chuckled. "Vince, you know I never actually unpacked!" I yelled to him, tearing myself from my warm bed in the apartment.

He burst through the door, a weird expression on his face. One I've never seen on a sane wolf before. I gulped audibly and backed up. He suddenly launched at me, I dropped to the floor suddenly. Staring at him incredulously. What the hell is his problem this morning? I quickly ran into the kitchen and noticed a coffee cup. Had he drank something bad?

"Vincent? What the hell is wrong with you?" I backed up, around the kitchen table.

He growled at me, his eyes shining. "Unmated, unmarked. Need you so bad, to protect you from other guys."

I stared at him. He knew that I wanted to wait, till I made my decision. Was Vane really driving him insane? I knew I wasn't in heat. It had already passed. I quickly opened the mind link. Damien!?

His attention snapped to me immediately. Yes? Is everything alright, Tatum?

I laughed sarcastically. Vincent is acting like I'm in heat or something. What do I do? I threw myself out of Vincent's way as he chased me around the kitchen.

Damien was taking too long. Maybe if I went- Tate, bring him to the pack house. We'll contain him in the basement, till we can figure out what's wrong with him.

I nodded and hurriedly grabbed my bag and sprinted out the door. Jumping over the railing, not really wanting to waste time with stairs. I quickly straightened and ran towards the pack house. Taking the forest as a short cut. I could hear Vincent behind me, He had shifted. I looked behind me and he was gaining. I cursed.

Think Tate, what do I do? I could buy sometime for the guys to get here. Damien, he's gaining on me! I'm going to buy some time, you need to send Alex and Brent to come get him!

I felt Damien's agitation. Alright, be careful Tate's. Wolves are very aggressive when they are like this.

I growled, no shit they were. I looked around and then quickly reversed directions, heading back the way we'd come. It confused him long enough for me to climb a large tree. When I reached a high enough branch; I looked down, to see Vincent pacing the tree trunk. I sighed.

"Vincent! You need to calm down!" I yelled down to him.

He howled at me, and then shifted. "Tatum, come down!"

I shook my head. "Nope, not until you are yourself!"

He scoffed. "I am myself! Please, we can talk about this. I don't know why you are in a tree or why Alex and Brent are headed this way, angrily I might add."