Chapter 23

Damien

The plan to make Tate incredibly awkward was working. Seeing her face when me and Vincent ganged up on her was so funny. But I knew there was something else going on between Vincent and her. I smirked as she stomped around the house.

The guys gave me a look and I shook it off. What was I going to tell them? That me and Vincent had teamed up against her? Naw, they'd totally chew me out for that. But it was just so cute the way she acted.

"Come on Tatum! Don't be mad!" Vincent whined when she sat at the table, her face blazing red.

She glared at the both of us. "No! You keep teasing me!" She crossed her arms.

I smiled, she looks adorable when she's mad, her face scrunches up into a pout, and she crosses her arms. Like little girls do when their daddies don't take their side. I chuckled and sat on the other side of her. "Tate's, you know we love you, we're just messing with you."

Her face was priceless. "What!?" She screeched.

I backed up and so did everyone else. "Tatum calm down."

She glared, her fire was out. But damn did she have a temper. "You guys are so mean." She smirked before getting up and going to fix herself some tea, it was the only thing she drank. I wondered over to her.

"Tatum? Are you mad?" I hugged her.

She sighed and relaxed into me. "No, I'm mad at myself. I'm so easy to mess with, it's like I'm either on complete defense or I'm completely relaxed, there is no in between for me."

I chuckled. "There is absolutely nothing wrong with you Tatum, I love you just the way you are." I kissed her neck and went to sit at the table.

I watched the guys, Vincent was nowhere to be found and Kane was rough housing with Alex, I snorted, neither one would win, they were evenly matched. Tate usually jumped in around the middle of the fight and then got her butt kicked. I think she let it happen, so she'd have a legit reason to leave the fight after entering it.

I was about to get up when someone dumped a bucket of freezing water over me. I swear time slowed down. I looked around to find Tatum holding an empty bucket laughing like a maniac; the guys were all staring at me.

Tatum's laughing subsided a little. "You- you sho-should've seen you-your face!" She screamed before falling to the ground laughing so hard.

I smirked and got up. She looked at me, worry crossing over her face. She should be worried. I was so going to get her back for this. "Scared Tate?"

She hurriedly got up and shook her head. A smiled playing at her lips. "Nope. And, no offense, but you look like a half drowned dog." I growled at her playfully, she gasped and then glared. "Do not growl at me Damien!" She stomped her foot.

I smirked and took several steps towards her. "What are you going to do about it?"

She took several backwards, mirroring my every step. "Beat you up!"

I smirked, and got hit in the face with the bucket she'd been holding. I moved the bucket from off my head, to see the front door open. She wanted to play tag, I could do that. Ajax would love to chase Snow around.

I shifted in the house and sprinted towards the woods, when the door slammed shut. I turned around to see Tate at the window, sticking her tongue out at me. I trotted back over to the door and tried to open it, but of course she locked it. I growled at her, through the window, she just stood there and smirked at me.

What are you going to do about it Damien? She struck a pose.

I snorted in my mind and glared at her. I will get inside Tatum, and then you are so going to get it!