Chapter 14.

Vincent p.o.v

I followed Amethyst's scent back to a motel, why was she staying here? Surely she could afford to stay someplace nicer. I was about to go up to her door when two men beat me there.

"We are here to bring you to Alpha James." They said authoritatively.

I didn't hear what she said, but they went in and then emerged maybe ten minutes later, with her. She had a bag and nothing else. I watched while they escorted her into a large black SUV; then drove off. I got back into my car and followed them. Where were they taking her?

They stopped a couple times, and then got gas. I got gas to, as I was running low. Maybe the Alpha lived in a different part of the state. But then again, why did they not just talk to her? Why take her with them? It made no sense. Unless, Damien was the Alpha here, but then why had he been in the Yukon range?

I followed them some more, until I couldn't make the terrain. So I stopped and found a place to shift, following the SUV that way. Which led to a large house? This must be the pack house. I found my way back to my car and found an inn to stay at. I grabbed a shower before going to sleep.

 '''''''''''''''''''''''''

I woke up to a phone call. I groaned and answered it. "Hello?"

My sister sighed. "Still not a morning person Vincent?"

I groaned. "What do you want Lizzy? It's like three in the morning!"

She chuckled. "Well, I wanted to check in with since I haven't heard from you in almost three weeks! You may be my Alpha, but you're also my little brother! And I would like you to check in with me! I can't lose you bro. Not after mom and dad."

I sighed. Oh yeah. "I am so sorry Lizzy. I really am. It's just I've seem to lost track of time. I'm close to finding her Lizzy, so close!"

She groaned. "Are you sure she even wants you? Have you even spoken to her since you left?"

I looked out the window. "Of course, but the last time I spoke to her, she threatened to reject me!"

Lizzy growled. "That bitch, if she hurts you!"

I growled at her. "Don't talk about my mate that way! You don't know! I hurt her Lizzy. Long ago and quit recently! I hurt my own fucking mate!"

She sighed. "You need to hurry brother. There was another reason I called, other than to check up on you."

I groaned. I didn't want to deal with anything, other than my mate. I had to get her to forgive me, somehow. "What's happening?"

She growled again. "Rosalie, she is still trying to pass herself off as your true mate, and causing unrest on the pack. She is trying to take control from me! I can't hold her off for long. You need to come home to deal with this. Then go back for her. Even kidnap her if need be."

I laughed. Oh my sister was a straight forward. "I'll take a flight back today, and deal with everything. I'll see you soon sister."

She sighed. "Alright, bye brother."

We hung up and I got back into bed. I think I'll sleep for another hour or two, and then call the airport. Just as I was about to doze off, Vane came to the front.

He growled. Talk to her! Please we need to hear her voice!

I groaned. She said to leave her alone; I don't want her to reject us!

He growled at me. If you do not contact her, I will. I will take over, I am also Alpha here!

I snarled at him. Fine, I hope you are satisfied with the outcome.