Chapter 12

The guy came back with our drinks and then left. The guys looked at me expectantly. "Alright. So back in the states, my pack is in the top three out there. It's the Bone Crusher pack." The guys nodded. "Well, when I was little, I got everything I wanted, because I was an only child and I was good. I did what I was told, when I was told, I excelled in my classes when I started school. I shifted for the first time when I was six I think. Which is early for any werewolf pup? But I was an over achiever. SO everyone was proud of me. They doted on me."

I sighed. "Soon enough though, me and my wolf were getting into all sorts of predicaments. We weren't being bad, but we did put ourselves in a lot of careless positions. I soon grew out of that stage when I was twelve. One day a neighboring alpha of the number one pack came to our pack house. From what I understood, he was having trouble finding his mate."

The guys chuckled. But waved me on.

"So our Alpha, Richard, ordered all girls and un-mated women to come to the pack house. So we did. We came and in came Alpha Vincent. He was the one looking for a mate. He smelt so good, that all of a sudden my wolf started howling inside me. Mate, that's our mate girl, that's him, the one we've been waiting for, go to him, go! She kept pushing me, but I knew better that if I defied my alpha I would get beat for it."

I laughed. "So I stayed put. I knew he noticed my scent. But passed over me. Looking for who the scent belonged to. After a half hour of us just standing there him and the Alpha left and we all broke apart. I quickly found my sister. And told her about how scent is had affected me so, and how my wolf was all but demanding him. She just smiled and said that she is so proud of Snow. That's my wolf. And then told me to go to him. To tell him."

I took a breather and drank some of my coffee after doctoring it. "So off I went, following his scent. It made me pleasantly happy to be surrounded by his smell. I of course didn't know what half of this meant. Just what I'd seen from the adults while growing up. I found his room and knocked on the door. He said to come in, and so I did."

I chuckled. "I believe he was surprised to see me. I knew he knew that I was his mate, because he could finally smell my scent. And his face said so. But I'm sure he thought me a curious pup, being only twelve, about to turn thirteen. I walked right up to him and he must have been about fifteen or sixteen, the same age as our Alpha."

The guys chuckled. "Seems that's the only tradition that is the same."

I nodded. "I looked at him, and told him what my wolf had said. I told him 'You are my mate, Alpha Vincent. I knew it the moment I saw you walk in, and then when your scent surrounded us. I just wanted to let you know.' I swear I saw joy go through those blue eyes of his, but for the life of me he didn't react that way. He looked so angry, that his wolf might jump out of his skin. But what he did next surprised me the most."

I looked away from the guys then, not wanting to look at them. It was bad enough to have to bring all this up. "He attacked me, he hit me, and he just kept hitting me, I think he might have kicked me but I don't remember all of it. He had beat me within an inch of my life. When I had woken, which I was told it was almost a month after that, I had amnesia."

I chuckled at how I had acted then, compared to now. "I was slowly remembering who I was. Everyone was really nice to me. Even helped me through learning to shift again. You should have the look on my face when they told me I was a werewolf. Funniest thing I've ever seen certainly."

I paused as the waiter came with our food. I gave him a warm smile as he left. Alex chuckled. "Sounds like you had a good time with your pack."

I laughed with all sense of sarcasm. "No, it got worse, about six months after this happened, I got my memory back. And everyone changed. They all hated me. The Alpha blames me for almost screwing up the treaty we had with them. My own parents disowned me after my memory came back. They said I was the most disgusting daughter they had had. And that they never wanted to see me again."

The guys growled. And I couldn't do anything to calm them. They had wanted to hear it. And they would. Every gory detail.

"The Alpha started in on his abuse. I think he rather enjoyed using me as his person punching bag. Most of the pack did. I was considered below the omega of the pack. Like a disease everyone wanted to beat out of existence. Not soon after that I turned fourteen. I was brutally thrown out of the pack. The Alpha told me that if I ever set foot on their land he would have me killed, and have no second thoughts about it."

The guys seem to have settled after that. And we ate for a while. Brent broke the silence after eating the rest of his onion rings. "What happened after that?"

I chuckled. "I became a Rogue at the age of fourteen, not the most ideal age, but I gathered what little training I had had and tripled it until I was faster than their patrolling wolves. Yes I teased them, and would train along their border, running back and forth in front of them. I became very fast. It took me maybe three days to get from My Mountains to White Horse, in the Yukon's.

"I grew up and started killing any Rogues that decided to come into what I had claimed as my territory, but really it was no man's land. And I was the Alpha Female. Seven years later, I was out running the borders, everyone was used to it so no one bothered to follow me when I ran the border line. And a Rogue was hot on my trail. I ran, he was big. And I had to get the element of surprise to bring him down." I laughed full on when I saw the guy's unbelieving expression. Somewhere between denying it, and unbelieving.

"What? Anyway, soon enough I heard several more join the chase, which I thought was weird. Because Rogues don't hunt together, they fight each other for whatever it is they are after. Anyway moments later, I heard snarling and three wolves were taking on the Rogue who had been following me, for which I was grateful, because I might have gotten more bruises and scars from that one." I sighed, finishing my meal and the last of the coffee.

"They kept following me, Later I found out who they were, but I had taken down the Beta, and then the Alpha, and for the life of me, I don't know why he had a third with him, but he wouldn't back down and I had to knock him unconscious for him to stop. And then the Alpha called for his pack and I got the hell out of there. Even though I knew I was on no man's land so I wasn't in trouble that way. But I had injured an Alpha, his beta, and his third."

The guys chuckled. "What was this alpha's name?"

I laughed with them. "Believe it or not, His name is Alpha Vincent. The one and the same from when I was little. He'd come looking for me of course, but I told him I didn't want him, and this time we fought I was determined to kill him. I know its frowned upon but he had stripped me of everything I had ever had. And he wouldn't leave me alone."

I sighed. "He fought back this time, and then he made me submit to him, even though I didn't want to. And then he tried to make me stay, and I left, and came here. And that's all."

Alex smiled. "Thank you for telling us, but is Amethyst really your name?"

I gasped in horror. Had Vincent went to Alpha James and told him his suspicions? "I.. uh.."

Brent laughed. "I know what you're thinking and no, as far as we know, we have not heard about an Alpha Vincent at our pack house."

I sighed in relief. Thank heavens for that. "Your right. My real name is Tatum. But Amethyst is actually my middle name. So it comes in handy." I shrugged as the young man refilled my coffee. And then slipped me a note.

I blushed and this caused the guys to laugh at me. "Jeep thanks for all the confidence guys. And please, please don't tell anyone anything I have told you. No one else knows, and I would like to keep it that way. Please don't share it with anyone."

They agreed to keep my secret and for that I am grateful. We paid the tab, but before we left we found a small clothing store and I bought myself a nice coat like Brent had let me borrow, this one black with white fur trim. And then we were on our way. Soon though, after we left I drifted off to sleep on Alex's shoulder.