Chapter 18.

I paced the pack house. She had gone with him! How could she be so naive? She hated him, yet she was going to give him three weeks to prove himself? I could not believe I had to let this guy live here for that long! Didn't he have a pack to run?

Kane snorted. "Stop pacing Damien, it's bad for you. Tate will be fine, if she had even a slightest idea he might try something, she'd kick his butt and then call us through the mind link." He gave me that look.

I sighed, of course my beta was right, but dammit I love her, and I don't want to lose her over some fucking bastard Alpha. I sent my thoughts to her. Tate?

She felt very confused. Damien, is everything okay? Did I get a call from the station?

I chuckled. She was worried about us, even though she was with him. Everything is fine here Tate, and no you haven't gotten any calls. How's everything going with you?

I could feel the confusion through our link. Everything is fine. We are on our way back now.

I felt better immediately. Great, I can't wait to see you, plus me and the guys are starving.

I could feel her laughing and smiling. What would you guys do without me?

I sighed, i'll see you when you get home darling. I quickly shut the mind link down. We would die without her, she had to know this. Hell, ever since she came into our lives everything has changed. My pack is finally happy and healthy. The guys are happier than I'd ever seen them.

Plus we all eat regularly now; we have huge pack gatherings with lots of food once a month, usually on the weekend when everyone is off work. Tatum loves those days. Everyone that comes usually brings something to add to the food, which takes a load of stress off of her. I think she just liked the company of the pack, since she's never had one.

There was another pack gathering in two days. Meaning the rest of today and tomorrow, Tatum would be in the kitchen cooking all day. I growled at the thought of Vincent being there, but Tatum would scold me about being rude, seeing as he was technically a guest. I would give her whatever I could, to make her happy.

My gaze snapped towards the front door. I heard car doors shut and then some laughter, finally Tate's came running into the living room laughing like a maniac. Vincent not far behind her, leaning against the door, laughing as well.

My blood began to boil. "What the hell is going on here?!"

I guess I must have a something on my face, because Tate took one look at me and started laughing harder. Falling to her knees in the living room. "Yo-you should ha-have se-seen Vin-Vincent's face!" she coughed out she was laughing so hard.

I looked at the two of them on the floor laughing. I turned to the guys, who were struggling to keep their laughter to themselves. "Does anyone care to fill me in!"

Tatum gasped for air. "Well, you see. We stopped at the store to get groceries for dinner, and the gathering. We loaded the car and made our way to the beginning of the driveway, well a tire got stuck." She started giggling. "So we got out and pushed to car out of the pot hole, when out of freaking nowhere, this cat pounces on Vincent. Well..." She started cracking up. "It started licking him, and rubbing all over him, then it bite him! I screamed at it and it ran away!" She was laughing so hard again.

I growled and she calmed immediately. "I'll be in the kitchen cooking. Vincent, you can bring the bags this way." He followed after her.

I pictured the cat episode and started chuckling. I followed after them and watched them in the kitchen. Tatum was pulling out pots and pans, things she would need and set them on the table. Vincent was sitting on a stool, in front of the sink.