Chapter 24.

Tatum

I woke up to a stiff neck and a horrible taste in my mouth. I groaned and slowly got up off the floor. How the hell had I gotten there? I looked around my room, only to notice that all the guys were in the room with me. All sleeping, which, I was thankful for. I don't think I could handle any of the emotions I saw from them yesterday. Apart of me truly wanted to believe that yesterday was nothing but a bad dream, but I knew it wasn't.

I quietly made my way to the bathroom, without waking the guys. I shut the door and started the shower. It was exactly what I needed right now. I undressed and slipped into the scolding water. Hissing at the contact it made, immediately burning my skin. But I needed the gruesome feelings away from me.

I sighed. Snow? Are you alright?

She didn't answer me. Why wouldn't she answer me? Did my own wolf hate me so much? Was beating Rayne, really that bad of a thing to do?

I tried one more time. Snow? I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have lost control and gone off on Rayne like that. Please come back to me. Please talk to me. You're my only true friend. I love you Snow.

She yawned. I love you to Tate, but what are you talking about? You didn't lose control, I did. I blocked you out of our mind. I went further than you did. I know that you saw the emotions in their eyes, because I was slipping at keeping the block up from you. But you don't know why, they are looking at you like that. Or the things that Rayne really did to this pack. Nor will I tell you.

I hissed at her. Tell me Snow! I have a right to now!

She shook her head. No, I am firm in this. But it sounds like the boys are trying to break down the door.

I had been so wrapped up in talking to Snow that I hadn't realized I was sitting on the shower floor, the water still hot and the guys were indeed banging on the door.

I heard Damien's muffled voice "Tatum! Open this damn door now!"

And then came Vincent's voice. "Please baby, open the door."

Hearing the both of them only made my heart hurt and for more tears to flow down my face. I'd never felt so hurt and heartbroken. I knew crying was only going to alleviate some of the pain, but hearing their voices and seeing their faces would make the hurt and betrayal so much worse. I stood up quickly, making up my mind already.

I growled at the door. "Shut up, I'll be out in a moment, jeez."

That settled them. I quickly and quietly opened the window in the bathroom. Looking around to make sure no one would see me. I jumped out the third story window. By the time I hit the ground I was already my wolf and I was already sprinting away. I didn't know where I'd go, but I'll be gone for a while. I just need sometime alone to deal with this.

I was probably running for fifteen minutes when I heard the first howl. Then the second, the third and the fourth. Eventually there was a whole lot of howling going on behind me. I pushed faster. I still had the scent away on so they couldn't track me. I kept going for another thirty minutes or so until I couldn't hear the howling anymore. When I finally reached the cave.

I'd found it one day while out on a run, I'd slowly begun to make it my second home. It was up on a cliff, so it was like I had a porch. I had just gotten settled in when I felt the first presence in my head.

Damien's voice filled my head. Tatum, you need to come home honey. We are all so worried about you.

I snorted. No you're not. You're disgusted by me, you pity me. You all are scared of me! I saw it yesterday! I saw it in all of your eyes! Everything has been a lie!