Chapter 8.

Tatum's p.o.v

As soon as Vincent disappeared out of our sites, I started laughing like a maniac. He is so gullible. We had changed my look yesterday, in case Vincent was following me. And to my utter amazement, he asked the guys for a Diner, like I had, so naturally they told him the same place. But what really got me was the bullshit lie he gave to me and the guys. Sure he thought I was someone else, but still.

Jake was laughing to. "Did you see his face when he saw you? He was utterly confused. Or when Damien told him that he's Alpha, that dude was surprised."

Kane and Cole agreed. And I couldn't help as another round of laughter burst through me. Even the guys joined in.

I calmed myself for a moment. I then kissed Damien's cheek. "Thank you, for helping. Even after how I've been." Still remembering the day I'd gotten out of the shower.

FLASH BACK

I dried myself off and put on some shorts and a tank. I know it's like winter here, but the room was hot. And I was hot. I calmly opened my door hoping that those guys were gone. Only to come face to face with a giant wolf that looked sort of like mine. I shrieked and slammed the door in its face. I tried to calm my breathing before sliding down to sit on the floor.

Oh my god! There was a giant wolf in my room. What do I do?

My wolf started laughing. That would be the guys out there Tatum, They only want to protect us. Like brothers if you'd like.

I groaned. Why is he the size of a horse? In my hotel room!!

She chuckled, We are all that size. You've just never come face to face with one while you were human. But I didn't expect you to freak out like that.

I growled at her. You knew they were out there and you didn't tell me? What kind of wolf are you?

She sighed. I want us to be happy, and safe. And you are not a real warrior. What if Vincent were to come here with Vane in control? You and I would not be able to fight him off, as he is 1.Alpha and 2.Mate. Plus we have pissed him off quite a bit, by running, and then the dream.

I Sighed and growled. I hated it when she was right. Ugh, I hate it when you make sense.

She just chuckled but became dormant once more, when a knock interrupted us. I waited for someone to say something. But nothing happened, except the knocking, or banging continued until I just ripped the door open to see the same wolf staring at me.

I pushed past him, only to trip over a brown oversized wolf and land on an auburn colored wolf. Who in turn yelped and snapped at me, causing me to punch it on the muzzle and then re-trip over the brown wolf and land in a heap on top of the white-ish wolf.

END OF FLASH BACK

I smiled at the memory. After that we'd all got on pretty well, and even became best friends. Damien poke my in the ribs which caused me to yelp and smack him. I looked at him cautiously. But he had a very funny face. He looked shocked, amazed and loving. I don't think I could even make that face; it must be some talent of his.

"I am so sorry Damien." I apologized. It would be just like me to something like this.

He laughed. "It's okay girl."

I sighed. Ever since the day I'd made a fool of myself, we'd been drawn to each other. Over the last week the guys have been showing me around, we began masking my scent that first night. And we'd even been out on a run together. I'd become closer to these four guy than I had anyone else in my entire life.