"We are in for a treat, Seanie!" Julian smirked while turning his car off. He rubbed his hands together excitedly as he got out of the car. I gave him a small smile and got out myself. The nerves that wafted through my body got a bit stronger once we entered the house.

People danced carelessly with their friends or even strangers. Julian put his arm around my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile. "You guys made it!" Tati squealed. She came towards us with open arms and a tiara placed on top of her head perfectly.

She gave Julian a hug then gave me one. "Glad you could make it. Just make yourself at home. Have a drink, I insist." She greeted us.

"Uh, we don't drink." Julian chuckled smoothly, glancing at me knowingly.

"One won't hurt." She smiled, patting us on the arms. One of the girls that were with her earlier whispered in her ear, making Tati perk up. "I have to go handle something, but please meet us upstairs in the third room on the right at 9 on the dot. See you there!" She said hurriedly.

I gave Julian a nervous look to which he just laughed. "Don't sweat it, bro. It'll probably be just some game. It'll be fun!" He said with a smile. We made our way to the kitchen to grab snacks and I actually was getting more comfortable as I realized they were all just people trying to celebrate.

But my mood shifted as it struck 9. My heart dropped to my stomach once we made it to the closed wooden door. "I'm right here, you don't have to worry. You are the smartest and funniest guy I know. They are lucky to even be in your vicinity." He said, ruffling my hair in affection.

"Julian, you're in here. Only Sean goes in there." One of Tati's friends said while opening the door across the hall.

"What? No, Sean and I go in rooms together, nothing else." She said sternly.

"Sorry, but the birthday girl insists. In you go!" She said gesturing to the now open door in front of her. Julian sighed and gave me an apologetic look.

"Hey, it's okay. Like you said, live a little." I smiled. He nodded then gave me a pat on the back before following the girl. I entered the room to see Tati and some of her other friends scattered around the room.

"Great! He's here." I heard excitement ring through the atmosphere as the girl from earlier spoke up. Her hands clapping and her body straight as it looked like she wanted me to be here.

"Hey, Sean. Please close the door behind you and take a seat." Tati said while rising from her own.

Kaycee's POV

I hated parties with a passion. It was just an excuse for horny teenagers to get intoxicated and forget about their problems and I hated every minute of it.

I was late because my friend Tati wanted me to run some errands before coming, claiming they were "too important". But I got them anyway because I wanted to spend the least time here as possible.

"Hani, have you seen Tati?" I asked one of my closest friends, who was cuddled up on the couch with her boyfriend Kobe. "How are you just now getting here?!" She asked incredulously. I gave her a look, which made Kobe laugh. "She's upstairs with the girls and some boys."

"Boys?" I asked, my confusion taking over. She hummed in response, glancing at Kobe. Tati doesn't even have a crush and I knew of everyone she wrote on the list of who was invited. Hell, I typed it out.

"What did they look like?" I asked, trying to think if she spoke about anyone earlier. "Uh, normal. They looked familiar. One always wears a hat, the other has Asian roots. Why?" She shrugged.

I thought back to earlier in the day, thinking of any detail I might've forgotten. Then it hit me. "Oh my god! Guys go upstairs and find Julian, the guy with the hat. I'll find Sean. Hurry!" I said hurriedly. I couldn't believe she was going through with this.