Chapter 45

Edited 11-15-22
Word count 2480

"T'challa my friend! It's nice to see you again! How is Wakanda?" Steve greets.

"Wakanda is great. Better than here as of this situation. Can you show me and Shuri to the girl?" He asks.

"We currently have her in a bedroom." I say. They nod and follow us downstairs. Steve and I grab their equipment.

"So, with what we have, and Wanda, the process will be much faster than you James. We will project her memories so we can find and pinpoint the ones with her trigger words. While doing that, all of her memories will become clear and she should have full retention." Shuri says while we are in the elevator.

"Project her memories? Do you mean we are going to see what's in her head?" I ask. I feel like that's an invasion of privacy.

"Yes. And before anyone makes a remark, we have to be able to see to fully and efficiently get rid of her trigger words. Any memories we don't need to see Wanda should be able to sift through and we won't see them." She says. I nod. We make it to the room with all the cameras. Y/n is asleep on the bed. Her face looks calm and I almost forget we are about to go in a erase Trigger words from her head. She's slightly smiling in her sleep.

"Hello, T'challa. Shuri. I'm Wanda Maximoff." Wands shakes their hands.

"I need her to be awake to place my equipment needed to read and understand brain waves." I nod to Wanda and I walk into the room. I walk to her bed, take my flesh hand and brush her hair away.

"Don't worry doll, I'll be right here." I say quietly. Her eyes flutter open and fear shows for a second. It is replaced by anger and she moves away. She looks around the room.

"What are you doing?" She asks. Shuri walks in with a case of equipment.

"Hello y/n. My name is Shuri. I'm here to help you get your memories back. I am going to come over and put some things in your head. It won't hurt and I promise it will be fine." She watches Shuri walk toward her. She tries to move but the cuffs keep her in place.

"Don't touch me. Get away!" She starts to move and yell, crying. I do the only thing I can. I grab her and hold her still. 

"I'm sorry doll. We are just trying to help. We need you to hold still. I look deep into her eyes. She stills and stares back. I see heartbreaking fear. Her eyes start to tear up. Behind her hard resolve, I see the broken girl. Shuri takes a step back and nods toward Wanda. Wanda walks over and stands behind y/ns head. She looks up at her.

"What's your name?" She asks shakily. 

"My name is Wanda.  I'm also here to help." Y/n nods and stays still.

"I'm going to give you something that is going to make you very drowsy. Despite that, you will see your memories. It will feel like you are dreaming. We will feel if you've had enough and Wanda will pull you back. Okay?" Shuri says, connecting Wanda to her. She takes a syringe and pokes y/n. I see her eyes widen with fear before she starts to fall asleep. I move and just hold her hand.

"Alright. Wanda, I want you to push your way through and go as far back into her hidden memories as you can. Let's help this girl get her life back." And with that, we all watch the screen connected to Shuri's equipment.

A/n: italics will be memories.  It will jump around a bunch, so be prepared!

"Mom, have you seen my green shirt?" I yell. I have to meet Clara in 10 minutes and she'll kill me if I'm not wearing the team shirt. 

"In the wash hun. I washed it after the game!" My mom yells at me. I smile and go to grab it.

"Thanks, ma. I'll see you at the game?" She nods and I hear Clara's mom honk.