Chapter 18

Edited 10-11-2022

Word Count 2966

YOU

I woke up to someone gently shaking me awake.

"Hey y/n. I came to check on you and F.R.I.D.A.Y announced that lunch was ready. Come and eat so we know your okay." Wanda is the one waking me up. I nod and look at her. I stretch and look over at the bedside table. I smile and grab the pain meds left there, chug the water, and then look over at Wanda. She helps me up and we make our way downstairs.

"Hey chicka, feeling better?" Sam says when I walk in. I give him a small smile.

"I've been better. Gunna suck it up for tonight. Hopefully after a meal I will be back to my sarcastically awesome self." I say. He rolls his eyes and smirks. I go and sit down at the kitchen counter, groaning at the lights.

"Y/n Sweetie? Are you alright?" Wanda is next to me rubbing soothing circles on my back.

"Yeah. The bright lights are making my eyes hurt. I'm actually not that hungry. I'm gonna lay down for a little bit longer." I say, turning and getting up. She quietly nods and then helps me to the elevator.

"Thanks Wan. I can take it from here. I'll come to get you when I need to get ready for tonight. Me, you, and Nat can have a fun little girls' evening and get ready together. You guys can pick out outfits." I say. She grins and hugs me, and releases me so I can get onto the elevator. Once I get to my room, I crawl back into bed and doze off, until a slight knock on my door wakes me.

"Come in." I say.

BUCKYS POV

I go about making lunch. I wanted to make y/n's favorite food but realized that I have no idea what she likes. I settled on sandwiches and salad. Something simple enough to not take up to much time, but also good enough to occupy me. I pull out all the different ingredients and start to get to work. About an hour later I have the salad all prepped and all the sandwich fixings out on the table. I tell F.R.I.D.A.Y to let everyone know that lunch is done, and make myself a sandwich. Everyone trickles in, grabbing food.

"Hey chicka, feeling better?" I hear Sam say. At first, I'm confused because no one told me any of the girls were sick, and then it dawned on me that y/n must be up.

"I've been better. Gunna suck it up for tonight. Hopefully after a meal I will be back to my sarcastically awesome self. " I hear her say back. I smile and continue eating. I'm trying to watch what she's doing while also listening to what Steve and Clint are saying.
I hear a small groan and my attention is automatically on the figure sitting and leaning on the counter.

"Y/n Sweetie? Are you alright?" I stop eating and wait for her reply. I want to make sure she's okay, but I see Wanda standing with her helping her up and rubbing circles on her back, so I stay seated, simply keeping an eye on her.

"Yeah. The bright lights are making my eyes hurt. I'm actually not that hungry. I'm gonna lay down for a little bit longer." She says. I relax a bit, but continue to watch her retreating figure while Wanda walks her to the elevator. She needs to eat something. I finish my food and go about making a small sandwich for her. I remember Wanda saying you can never go wrong with grilled cheese, so I take out a pan and make it real quick. I put it on a plate and then add some salad to it, and grab a Gatorade and her favorite granola bar. I juggle the food and make my way to her room. I quietly knock with my elbow, waiting for her response. A quiet 'come in' is all I hear, and I walk into her room.

--------------------------------

YOU