Chapter 39

EDITED 10-24-22

WORD COUNT: 1141

BUCKY

"Great!" I hear her say. She's exhausted, and I can tell it's taking everything in her not to pass out. I pick her up and take her to the elevator. She instantly holds on and leans into me, and she's humming a small tune while we wait.

"What's that song love?" I ask. She opens her eyes and looks up at me.

"I'm not entirely sure. It's just in my head. Where are we going?" She says.

"To bed. I'm making you take a nap. Then we'll go get dinner." I tell her. She nods tiredly and I walk to her room. Well, ours.

"Don't leave Buck. Stay and nap with me. Please?" I already crawl into bed with her. Me in my training clothes, her in her suit. She lays her head on my chest and instantly falls asleep.

--------------------

"Come on doll. We need to get up. Let's get some food into you and then we have to do a small briefing." I wake her up. She yawns and looks up at me.
I knew she wouldn't want to celebrate being able to go on missions, but after all her work today I had Tony order food from the taco truck we went to on our night out.

"Mmkay Buck. I'm up. What are we doing?" I smile.

"Getting dinner. Come on. I ordered something I know you'll like." I smile when her eyes light up. We go downstairs and she gets even more excited when she sees I got her favorite chicken tacos. We get food.

"Omg. These are even better sober. Thanks, Buck." She says, sitting in my lap while we eat.

"Once we are all done we need to discuss the plan. Fury and I agree that we need to infiltrate the final base as soon as possible,  so we will be leaving tomorrow. Thankfully y/n will be joining us so we will actually all be going. Bruce will be staying on the quinjet in case of emergency or if we absolutely need the other guy." Steve is a man on a mission. I nod and y/n continues eating.

"Just tell me where you need me and go from there." That is all she says. I know she's thinking about something, but she seems content sitting in my lap so I don't press the issue.

"We leave tomorrow after the jet and supplies are ready. We can discuss more details tomorrow on the way. Remember,  we are trying to capture as many higher-ups as possible,  and get any information we can from the base." Tony says. After dinner and the planning, y/n grabs my hand and we go upstairs. She gets into pj's,  and then we sit and watch a movie.

"Be careful tomorrow Bucky.  Please promise me that you will be careful." She says, breaking the quiet we had other than the movie. I pause it and look at her.

"I will. As long as you promise the same thing. Don't go doing anything to get yourself killed. I just got you back." She nods and snuggles deeper into my chest.

*The Next Morning*

"Mr. Barnes, Miss L/n, Mr. Stark requests your presence downstairs in 10 minutes. Shall I tell him you will be there?" I awake to F.R.I.D.A.Y.

"Yes. But tell him 20." Y/n is the one who answers and we slowly get up.

"How long have you been awake doll?" I ask. She shrugs.

"Only about 20 minutes. I was about to wake you up when F.R.I.D.A.Y did." She says. I nod and stretch.  She walks over to the bathroom and gets changed. I follow suit except in my room.

"Let's do this." She says once we are downstairs with everyone. 

"Okay. Weapons are here. Grab what you want and we'll pack everything else up. Be on the roof in 10 minutes or we leave without you." Tony says, only grabbing his little bracelets. 
I grab quite a few guns and some knives, but I don't need much with my arm. Y/n grabs mostly knives, with two guns.

She walks toward the elevator and I follow. We get on the Quinn jet and sit, waiting for the others. It doesn't take long, and soon we are leaving.

"So, when are you going to let me see the pictures and files on the other enhanced you know about?" She asks. I look at Steve and his eyes flash,  but he remains calm.

"I'm not even going to ask how you knew about these, but here you are. Anything you can tell me?" He hands her a stack of folders and she looks over the first one. We all wait.

"Carlie doesn't actually have powers.  She's a super soldier. Youngest ever that I know of. She was 14 when injected her. Her father is a higher-up. Despite that, she hates his guts. Tried to kill him twice." She hands me that one.

"Issac has control over energy. He can take it and give it as he pleases. Don't let him touch you, or you'll be dead. He was actually turned after they got me. I believe it was my blood and a serum mixed." I look and see a young kid. Jesus.

"Lexi controls earth. As far as I'm aware, she was like me, except they got her from an orphanage. She's been there a hell of a lot longer than me and she's basically desensitized to death. She'll kill you without blinking."

She turns to the next one and I hear an intake of breath.

"Chris controls fire. He can summon it, control it, and can even cause the combustion of human fat. It's quite brutal. His weakness is water. He almost drowned when he was 6 and activated his powers. He's terrified of it." She says, reaching the end.
"He did have a brother, but Hydra had him prove his loyalty by killing him. The rest passed years before." She says. I know Chris is a tough subject for her.

"Alright, well, let's sit and wait until we get there. Relax, and take a nap. Do something. It will take about 4 hours." Tony says.

*4 hours later*

"Alright. We will be landing far away. To keep the element of surprise.  Wanda, Steve, vision, Sam, and I will enter from the sky. Nat, Pietro, Clint, James, and y/n will be on the ground. Bruce stays here with the jet. We will have contact via earpieces." Tony says. I notice Steve looks hurt he couldn't give the orders. I chuckle quietly.

"Let's go then."

A/n: I really hope you guys like the story so far. These next chapters have been thought out, but not edited or previewed. Vote, comment, and share if you'd like. Thanks for reading! -L