Chapter 32

Edited 10-24-22

Word count 860

BUCKY

We were all confused when y/n asked Tony to install 'something secret' in the room she was rehearsing in. He was the only one allowed to know. She has been slightly off and quiet.

"Y/n, I know you've been feeling down and not quite like yourself. Is that because you've not been practicing music?" I say, playing with her hair. She actually chuckles.

"I actually have two performances this weekend. Hannah is coming over later so I can get the dance routine down." She says.
I want to ask more. But I have the feeling she's just not ready to talk about it. We lay down and start watching TV, and I start to dose off, content with her in my arms.

---------------------------------

"Hey, Hannah. Come on up. I'm in the common room. I'll get ready once you get here." I hear y/n's quiet voice, and realize she is talking on the phone while still laying down with me.

"Buck? I don't want to wake you up, but I have to go rehearse if you can hear me. Sleep well." She says. I feel her slowly move to get up without moving me, and then she leans down and places a small kiss on my cheek.

-------------------------------

YOU

"What's up girl! Hannah says as she sees me. I move us away from where Bucky is sleeping and then look at her.

"Let's head upstairs first so I can change. Can you explain what exactly this gig is?" We get into the elevator. She explains that I agreed to dance and sing at a college frat party, and then at an after party of some type of thing.

"Okay, so how many dance routines do I need to know? And what type of setlist are we looking at?" I ask as we enter my bedroom. I grab some Spanx shorts and a sports bra, grabbing a crop top just in case.

"You need two dance routines for each party, and the setlist isn't what you normally do. It's a bit more... provocative." She says, giving me a worried side glance.

"Yeah, I kinda guessed that after you told me to have Tony install a pole in the rehearsal room he gave me. I just wished it wasn't." I say, grabbing my phone and instruments and then heading back to the elevator.

"Alright. Here are the 4 songs you will be dancing to and singing. Don't worry. I already made the tracks so we can get started as soon as you are ready to." She says. I nod and look at them.

"Remind me why we don't just cancel," I say, feeling nervous for the first time in forever.

"It costs more to cancel, and you get a large sum of money at the end. Plus, it could be worse. Trust me. I stripped in college." Hannah says, making me relax slightly.

"Alright. Well, let's get set up and then get started." I say. She hands me the gear and we get to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUCKY

"Hey Tony, can I ask you a favor? It's not for me it's for y/n." I say, adding the last part for his sake. He nods and motions for me to continue talking.
"Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but y/n has been down. I know she technically passed her psych evaluation and is cleared to get back to training, but I'm with her every day and I can tell something is wrong." He has looked up and is actually listening and looking at me.
"I was wondering if you had her sister's information?" I finally get to my favor.

"Why didn't you just ask that at the beginning? Of course, I do. I got it right after I got her birth name. I'm assuming you want to contact said sister and bring her here?" He says, pulling up a screen.

"Y/s/n Matthews. Lives in queens. Has a 6-year-old daughter. Her father is in jail for abusing her mother. The last known kin other than her child is her adopted sister R/n Matthews, or Y/n L/n. Here are her phone number, address, and email. I also have bank records and statements, social, and pretty much everything." He says, scrolling through the screen.

"Thank you, Tony. I Appreciate it." I say, walking out as he sends the info to my room.

-------------------------------------

YOU

"Okay. I want to first start with the non-dancing songs to warm up and get back into the groove of things. Ready?" I say. Hannah nods.

'Heaven sent you to me I'm just hopin' I don't repeat history

Boy, I'm tryna meet your mama on a Sunday
Then make a lotta love on a Monday (ah-ah)
Never need no (no), no one else, babe
'Cause I'll be

Switchin' the positions for you
Cookin' in the kitchen and I'm in the bedroom
I'm in the Olympics, way I'm jumpin' through hoops
Know my love infinite, nothin' I wouldn't do
That I won't do, switchin' for you

Perfect, perfect
You're too good to be true (you're too good to be true)
But I get tired of runnin'
Fuck it, now I'm runnin' with you (wit' you)'