Chapter 43

Edited 11-15-22
Word count 1026

BUCKY

"Ah. You're back. That must mean you found her." He says with a laugh. Fucking prick.

"Yes. We did. She's back in New York. I figured you'd want to know before we give you back to your boss." I smile at his fear. If we let him go, Hydra would have him dead and buried in an hour.

"What if I gave you some more information? I know exactly how they wiped her memory. What they did so you couldn't get your precious y/n back." I pause. I know what Hydra is capable of.

"What do you know?" I ask. He grins.

"They corrupted her memories of you. Even if you get y/n back, she won't be the same. We didn't want her pesky feelings getting in way of her job. To her, you will always be the monstrous winter soldier." He leans as far back as he can be cuffed to the table. I feel angry, but Nat is on him before I have a chance.

"Tells us how you did it, or I'll give you to them on a silver platter." Nat says. We spend the next hour getting as much information as possible. I couldn't take it any longer and left. It's really late anyways. I walk to my room. I don't think I could take sleeping in hers again without her. I walk in and slump on the bed. I lay there for a second before I realize that the window is open. I never leave that open. I go on high alert.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, call Steve to my room. Tell him it's an emergency." I grab the small knife from under my pillow and get up, slowly moving around the room. I turn on the light and my throat constricts.

"Took you longer than I thought to realize I was here. Hydra won't won't happy to realize you've gotten rusty." I stare at the beautiful girl in front of me. Even looking deadly in her Hydra uniform and holding a very sharp knife, seeing her alive makes my heart skip a beat.

"Y/n." I breathe out. She has no reaction to me.

"You boast about being highly protected, but I walked in here with no problem. The Avengers really have fallen." She slowly gets up and walks over to me.

"Now. I'd really like to bring you back without a scratch on your pretty face. Care to help me?" She closes in. I can't help but watch her. I know she's here to bring me back to Hydra or kill me, but seeing her stalk over is making me confused. We stare at each other like a game of cat and mouse. Steve comes in with Nat in tow, holding his shield. She has a gun pointed at y/n.

"Well well. Hello Captain. How wonderful to see you. I was waiting." She takes her eyes off me.

"Y/n?" Seeing her makes them both stagger a bit, but they eye her knives and the guns she has and holds their ground. I see confusion flash in her eyes, and I know hearing her name twice has registered.

"Hunny, we don't want to hurt you. Please put the weapons down and let us help. We just want y/n back." Nat says, trying to make her way toward her. In a split second, she is holding guns and pointing them and me and her.

"It's a shame you don't want to hurt me because I sure as hell want to hurt you." She says. Her voice doesn't even sound like her.

"Y/n Sweetie put the gun down. It's us. Nat, Steve, and Bucky. We are all friends. You've performed for us. Sang karaoke with Nat. You love Bucky." She flinches slightly, but her eyes remain cold.

"Stop calling me fucking y/n. And love? I don't love it. I don't feel. I came here to complete my mission. Now move away or get shot. You aren't my target." I see Steve press a button that alerts all of the avengers of a threat, and then he slowly puts his shield down. All three of us can't stop her, but we can keep her distracted. She looks over at Nat, and then back at me.

"If we aren't your mission, then what is?" Steve is stalling.

"My mission is to capture the winter soldier. Dead or alive." She says in a monotone voice. My heart hurts. They took her away. She puts one gun down and sighs.

"I'm tired of this. Stupid soldiers." She says. She uses her powers of water to freeze Nat where she is, and then blocks Steve.

"They interrupted us. How rude. Where were we?" She says. I watch as she holds fire in her hands.

"Come on then. I'd hate to have to hurt you." She says. I close my eyes. We need to capture her. I move behind her and she throws the ball out of surprise. I hold her arms. She struggles against me. Her ball of fire hit the ice she made to block Steve, and he finally broke through it. I see Wanda looking at us. She casts a glance at me and I nod. We had privately talked about this. I am still holding y/n when she walks over and lifts her fingers to her face.

"I'm sorry y/n. It's the only way." I whisper in her ear and then Wanda puts her to sleep. She falls limp in my arms.

"We got her. Now what?" I say, holding her in my arms and brushing some hair out of her face. When like this, she looks just like the girl I fell in love with.

"Now, we lock her up until we find a way to bring her back. I'll call t'challa and see if he can do what he did with you. Until then, we try and get her to remember us." Tony came in.

A/n: I'm sorry for the short chapter. I write at work doing my nox shift and only get time in between my rounds. I hope you like it! Vote, Comment, and thank you for reading! -L