Chapter 64: The Best Defense (2)

Although I said that offense was the best defense, I didn't have any intention to do it right away. I have just arrived and I want to take a little break.

Then, Commander Seong-tae briefly introduced me to the battalion's accommodation and facilities. The gym members and Lieutenant Hyun-woo and the other military personnels were living apart with a training ground in between. That's enough distance.

"For now, please rest. The Commander said he wants to have a meeting again later, is it okay?"

"Yes. That's okay." While having that conversation, Sooyeon and I entered our lodgings. All metal had disappeared from this world, but the room was surprisingly neat and seemed to be good enough to live in. As I entered the hallway on the first floor, Mikyung came down from the stairs from the second floor while drying her wet hair with a towel.

"Ahjussi, You're here?"

"How is it? Is it good staying here?" I would know soon enough even without asking, but I still asked anyway. Mikyung smiled bashfully and said it was good because there was a lot of water here. She also told me that all the basins and tanks on the base were filled to the brim before the water supply was cut off. Once again, I was amazed at how fast the soldiers are at responding to emergencies.

Sooyeon tapped my shoulder. "The men's room is on the first floor. You'll smell if you just go to sleep right away, so wash up firs... huh?"

"It doesn't smell at all. Where did you shower?" Sooyeon blankly looked at my face and sniffed the air around me.

Oops. I forgot that I showered once I passed through the Gimhae Plains. Mikyung approached me with eyes gleaming in curiosity and also sniffed.

"Ah... it smells like soap."

"I washed in one of the waterways in Gimhae Plains."

"But, Ahjussi. I've been thinking for a long time, you're so clean. Look at my skin, it's a mess."

Is it because I washed quite often in the forest?

"Well, it's because I like to clean myself." I said before I turned around and entered the room. It was a simple room with a bed, a wardrobe and a desk, but it would do just fine. It's not a place I would stay for long anyway.

While I was unpacking, I heard Sooyeon nagging. "Mikyung, are you going to keep showing your bare legs like that?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Quickly put on long pants. It's not good to show your bare legs to men."

"But it's more comfortable this way. It's cool too."

"It doesn't matter if there's only the two of us, but there are men here, so it could be dangerous, Grace."

"Eh? How did you know that name, unnie?"

"Just go quickly!"

Mikyung kept pushing for an answer for some time while Sooyeon told her to quickly change into long pants. In fact, she was truly careless. No matter how close you are to the group, men are still men. If she keeps showing off her bare skin, an accident is bound to happen. This is why masks are the best thing to have for women in an apocalyptic world.

As I was lying on the narrow bed, Yoohyeon's paper airplane flew in.

-Do you want to have dinner together? -Lieutenant Hyun-woo.

I would love to. When we gathered, the meal was very different from before. It was probably due to the fact that the materials stored in the first-class warehouse were enormous. There were more than a dozen boxes of cup noodles alone, and don't get me started with just how many military rations there are here. Including military rations, the supplies inside the warehouse would be enough for all of the people here to last several months, even when everyone eats their fill every meal. Of course, we were not the only ones using the supplies, so it wouldn't last that long. But it was still necessary to take measures because it was said that kobolds as well as survivors nearby were looting it without care.