Chapter 28: It's All Mine

-So, in the end, we will all turn into zombies?

-Yes. Once the zombie apocalypse happens, most people will become zombies. But we, awakeners, are a little different.

-How are you different?

-We have superpowers and information. It was enough to survive even when zombies and monsters popped out.

-Is there any guarantee that awakeners wouldn't turn into zombies?

-Uh, that's...

The man who was being interviewed stuttered, seemingly lost about what to answer. And to be honest, I also didn't know for certain whether awakeners are immune to the spores or not.

Looking at the faltering man, a bitter smile was etched on the reporter's lips.

-Next question. Hypothetically, how would our society change if the apocalypse happened?

-I've told you! It will really happen. Anyway, once it happens, personal strength becomes the most important thing. Whoever wins the fight is the winner. Well, working and earning money will be useless. Basically, the rule of the jungle will be applied to the society, where the strong will survive and the weak will be eradicated.

The awakened let out a rough breath. It seems like he's feeling excited. From his tone of voice, it was clear as day that he was waiting for the end.

Did he perhaps have a lot of pent up frustration on his social life? If that's the case, I could sympathize with him. Back when I was still working in a factory in my early 20s, I often hated the times when I had to wake up and go to work, to the point where sometimes I considered dying would be far better. But isn't that still better than the world coming to an end?

Hyung-jun Hyung, who was scowling at the TV with his arms crossed, opened his mouth, "In my opinion, he's jobless. That's why he cursed the world and hoped it would be destroyed."

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement at Hyung-jun Hyung's words.

"But the interviewer does have a point... how do we distinguish those who will be turned into a zombie and those who won't?" Bora asked.

"If there's no one who spread the words up to this moment, it's safe to say that nobody knows." Hyung-jun Hyung spoke. However, the misinformation guy quickly opened his mouth.

"That's not it, Manager. People who stay around an awakener will be fine."

"What do you mean?" Bora raised her eyes.

"Do you know why people awakened? It was because they had played Survival Life before. In other words, they have made contact with Survival Life. Now, who has made contact with me?" The man smiled as his gaze fell on Bora and Hyung-jun Hyung. It seems like he didn't bother to look at Mikyung as she's also an awakened. While the reason he didn't look at me was obvious, as I am not even in their group.

"Ahhh, so you're saying that Bora and I wouldn't turn into zombies because we had made contact with you?" Hyung-jun Hyung asked.

"I'm not sure, but I think so." Kyunghoon shrugged his shoulders.

"Then, should I follow Kyunghoon wherever you go?"

He seemed to be in a good mood as Bora asked while stroking his muscular forearm.

"Haha, just trust me. Those zombies can't even move quickly. If I just beat them up, we'll be safe."

"The tutorial was very difficult though..." As Mikyung spoke, Hyung-jun Hyung turned his head towards her.