Chapter 58: A Way To Break Territoriality (3)

The night of the apocalyptic world was terrifying. It was complete darkness. No moonlight nor stars could be seen adorning the sky. No light nor white noise enveloped the city. Only the fire that the goblins made and the growl of zombies could be seen or heard. Even if someone could brace the darkness to hunt zombies and goblins in the night, bone creepers or keepers will pop out from out of nowhere, sending shivers down their spine. Therefore, it was common sense to refrain from going out at night unless you have a strong heart and good ability.

Of course, there are people who are not afraid of the night for various reasons and still dared to go out. For example, a guy like me, who wanted to attack Kwon's bunker.

In the dark garden next to the parking lot, I hid myself. As a result of checking in advance with Yoohyeon's paper airplane, I know that Kwon's bunker was located in the clubhouse of the golf course across from my location. The two people who guard the entrance yawned over and over again, it was clear as day that they were bored. It seems like even after they get brainwashed, the basic function of their mind still functions.

"One other bunker is in the academy." And the location of the other one was still unknown to me. The distance between the bunkers was quite far, so they wouldn't have to worry about being attacked by zombies because too many people lived around the same area. However, thanks to that fact, my work would become easier.

"There were 12 people in total in this group." However, since one hideout could only accommodate up to 5 people for safety reasons, aside from the sentry, there should be 3 more people inside, including Kwon.

"Are you indulging yourself with two girls inside? What a good life, really." But, tonight, your good life will come to an end. I checked the plan once again. It wouldn't be difficult for me to neutralize his subordinates. It was because I knew everything about them, while they didn't know anything about me. If support comes from another bunker, I just have to block the entrance with the portal and get out when the situation dies down.

However, rather than Kwon and his subordinates, the more problematic one was the bunker itself. It was made of concrete which was near indestructible to my current level. The door of the bunker was made with reinforced plastic. Which means, it wouldn't melt easily even if I forced it to open using fire. Toxic gas could work against it, though. But since it was a double door, the inside would be fine.

"This bastard was thoroughly prepared." I mumbled as I saw various obstacles installed in the area near the door. It wasn't far-fetched to call this bunker an impregnable fortress.

"But still, it doesn't mean that there's no way to break through." I smirked. After all, if a frontal attack wouldn't work, I just have to let them bleed to death.

I opened the slot and chewed a handful of shadow grapes.

「Active buff: Night vision increase」

In the next moment, all the obstacles and the two guards were clearly visible to my eyes. The effect is really no joke.

I carefully crawled to the guards. What I'm going to use here is a crossbow with paralyzing poison coated around its bolts. Because the bolts are quite thin, even if it hit them in their thighs, they wouldn't fall instantly.

"Slot #1."

A crossbow loaded with bolts appeared in front of me. And I quickly took it with my left hand. After getting close enough to the guards, I squeezed the crossbow's trigger. With a muffled groan sound, the guy grabbed his thigh and collapsed.

"Huh?" While the other guard was puzzled about what's happening, I called slot 2 and shot another bolt at him. Since I had applied a lot of paralyzing poison to the bolt, they would be unable to move for about 30 minutes.