Chapter 62: New People (4)

< New people – 4 >

After Kwon died, the other golf course group members (who were hypnotized by Kwon) were at a loss about what to do. Their memories were jumbled up, and the majority of them did not even know why and when the society had collapsed. Even though they soon knew that the world they knew no longer existed, and that some kind of a game system had been created in place of that, they couldn't fully take in how much things had changed.

From that moment on, they have to fight for their survival in a ruined world. Who can be sane after being shoved to those circumstances after their consciousness went blank for god knows how long?

The survivors were outraged. Kwon—the culprit of their misery—was already dead. Since they couldn't vent their anger towards a corpse, they seek for another avenue.

One of the survivors said:

-From what I remember, someone among us has to die in order to prevent a zombie raid from coming!

-How the fuck did you know that?

-I saw it on the internet! It's dangerous if there are more than 5 people...

-What nonsense. If so, why is it still so quiet right now? There are 11 people here, so shouldn't the zombie raid come already?

-This ahjussi is suspicious.

Unfortunately, the instigator quickly got cornered.

-If we only need to kill one person, then let's kill that man! He doesn't look strong!

-That's right. We can just kill him.

-Let's surround him and attack!

-If you kill me, do you think you guys will be fine?

He tried to incite the others, but in an instant, he was surrounded and was beaten to death. It was truly a fitting end for an instigator. But, even though they had just killed someone, their anger did not subside. Then, they realized that the supply inside one of the bunkers had been stolen by the other groups of survivors in the area.

-It must have been stolen while we were still confused!

-Bastards!

-Let's get it back!

-Let's kill those bastards and get the supplies back!

The rage which had no place to go had finally found its target. However, since they had just come to their senses after being brainwashed by Kwon, they had no idea about common things in the apocalyptic world which survivors should've known in order to survive. They didn't know that it would be dangerous if there's more than 5 people gathered in one small area. They also didn't know that if they killed more than two or three people, the system would register them as murderers, and if they're still jumbled together like that when one of them became a murderer, the murderer event will be triggered.

They would be able to know about common sense while living in this apocalyptic world simply by asking other survivors around the bunker. However, those thoughts never appear in their head, as they're currently being blinded by their anger.

Meanwhile, the fate of the two women was decided, and the atmosphere became harsh. Both of them were attracted to a group with three young, decent-looking men, but the opposing group protested heavily.

-Wait, shouldn't you share them with us too?

-Share? You think they're items? Let's just stop, it's embarrassing for you guys to lose like this, but what can we do?