Chapter 18: Let's see how it goes!

"Eugh..." As soon as consciousness came to me, I could feel something was pressing down my chest. When I opened my eyes and looked at it, it was the furball Dingo. I gently moved him to the side of the bed and got up.

"Ahhhh." I put my arms in the air and stretched my body. After a few seconds, I head to the bathroom and wash my face before walking to my desk to check what I need to do today.

"Ah, first of all, the cave." I opened the portal and looked around to make sure the cave was safe.

Interior OK, Door OK, Detector OK, Barbed Wire OK, Fence OK...

Except for some animal footprints outside the fence, all of it was no different from last night.

"This kind of footstep is new. What animal is this?" I don't think it's a wild boar or a valley deer.

Dingo sniffed around the ground a few times before sitting down and growled.

"I'm not going to hunt in the morning, so leave it alone."

I brought Dingo into the cave and checked on the poison frog.

How are you?

I cleaned the tank and put some food in it. After I finished, I lightly touched the frog's back with a chopstick and it secreted a yellow poison.

"Don't spill it." I slowly put the poison into a sauce bottle. Using this poison, I would try to develop my tolerance.

Isn't it said that the more contact you have with poisons, the higher your resistance towards it?

After all, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

"In the game, I couldn't do it because there were no goblins who carried these frogs in their pockets..." But now I have one. And I would make sure that this guy was treated well.

The reason why I tried to do things like these was because goblins were very troublesome monsters. Even if I couldn't get the paralyzing immunity, a resistance would definitely be better than having none of it.

"Afterall, I will keep meeting goblins until I get fed up with them from now on."

The next thing to do was to check the shopping list and place an order. Most of them were food and daily necessities. Thinking that all lives would end in 17 days made my heart race.

"Let's just buy in bulk." I could just divide it into small portions and put it into an unused can later on so let's order the biggest one available on the market.

I put an order for dozens of seasonings, sauces, and many other things. It seems like it's too many, but as I am preparing for things to come, I'm sure all of this will come in handy in the future and when the apocalypse begins, I don't want to be regretful for not buying things ahead of time.

I would also need a lot of sugar, salt and pepper.

As I kept looking at the pages related to food, preserved food came to mind.

"I think I also could make pickles..." it would be okay to bury the jar in front of the cave just like how people traditionally store a Kimchi. Afterall, the more varied the food I had, the better.

In the apocalyptic world, eating would become the second most important thing for humans. The first one was survival itself.

I put in the keyword 'pickle making' into the search bar of MeTube.

"Wha...There's a lot of videos." The varieties were also numerous. There's peppers, onions, eggplants, corn, pumpkins, etc. It was a shock to me, who only thought about cucumber pickles.