Chapter 15: Training and preparation

There will always be trolls in every game. Survival Life was no exception. The trolls in Survival Life always pretend to be a normal user before joining a party and summoning monsters to annihilate the said party.

To the unsuspecting eyes, at first glance, they might seem to be helping a newbie doing their quest. However, while accompanying the newbie, the trolls would stab them in the back and steal their items.

Switching back and forth between two teams that were doing well on a quest to make them fight and entering the beginner area needlessly to rapidly increase the monster regen were their basic modus operandi. And as the management team had a policy of not interfering directly on what's happening in the game except for patches and bugs, the trolls on Survival Life were particularly more active than any other games.

"The good news is, the game was hard to play even for trolls." Being a troll in games like Survival Life means they have to take risks, too. Once they make a mistake, their character will be deleted immediately. And because it was too cumbersome to restart from the very beginning, most of them ended up quitting the game after a few deaths, which resulted in the number of trolls decreasing overtime.

"They were part of the game, too." So did we who destroyed them. What was certain was once the zombie apocalypse actually happens in reality, there would be a lot of trolls roaming around. Afterall, Isn't there a saying that says when five humans gather, one is bound to be trash?

"To prepare against a troll..." Preparation for direct combat was needed. So far, I'd only been concerned with fights against monsters in the forest. It was a different thing altogether with fighting in the city where various obstacles and terrain scattered all over the place and I wouldn't be fighting just monsters, but humans as well.

"I wouldn't be able to tell if my enemy is crazy or not." It was of utmost importance to determine who or what you were fighting against. However, it wasn't something which could be done perfectly every single time. So ultimately, a variety of coping methods would be needed.

What should I do if I meet someone who targets me?

First, let's review the weapons I had.

"Eumm..." There were a lot of weapons in my arsenal. Nevertheless, when they're classified between ranged and melee weapons, anyone can clearly see that I have a lot less ranged weapons than melee weapons. The 60lbs compound bow should be the strongest one I had. Although, it's bulky and difficult to handle.

"It's also a troublesome weapon to use as I have to put it down if the enemy moves closer to me." Though, I could just throw it across the portal in case I was fighting alone with no one by my side.

While I was browsing through the MeTube, I saw a video of an American uncle playing with a slingshot.

"Slingshot? Isn't it only useful to catch birds?" That's what I thought, but turns out, I was completely wrong. Slingshots these days were powerful enough to pierce a human skull using a 20mm iron bead.

"Its power was no joke!" Of course, the power was only possible with a special firing method and the use of a special rubber band. Nonetheless, the strength of the slingshot really attracted me. As an icing on the cake, it was also easy to handle and had a small size, so it would be easy to conceal it.

"I could use it in situations where it's difficult to shoot using the bow." For example, if I need to attack through a small window.

Of course, the best ranged weapon amongst them all would be guns. If I could get my hand on a gun, I was pretty certain I wouldn't dwindle on such trifling thoughts about bow and slingshot.