Chapter 38: Tutorial (3)

Obviously, the attack power of the ebony stick was weak. However, thanks to the rain of attack that I unleashed towards it, the WiFi zombie's movement finally stopped.

"Die!"

With one last swing, the WiFi Zombie crumbled to its leg before its body hit the asphalt with a dull thud sound.

「You have earned 10 Points 」

However, because of my level, the WiFi zombie didn't give me any level. On top of that, I also didn't learn any new skills. But still, the most troublesome problem was gone, together with its death.

I shouted at Mikyung, who is still on the top of the building.

"Mikyung! Now!"

"Okay!"

However, instead of using her ability to go to the building across, Mikyung went to my side instead.

"Be careful of the manhole and follow me." I said to her before running towards the direction adjacent from the building we were trapped in earlier. Just because the boss monster had been killed, it doesn't mean the tutorial would end right away. We still had to run away and survive until the zombie wall collapsed. The tutorial will truly end when there is not even a single zombie chasing us.

I kicked a zombie that's looking away from me and swung the ebony stick towards it. As soon as it hits the head of the zombie, a refreshing cracking sound can be heard.

"This way." Quickly brushing the kill notification that popped up in front of me, I led Mikyung into an alleyway. Behind us, less and less zombies could be seen. The other zombies that had only joined in the chase halfway through had a quite dull reaction, so it's quite an easy task to shake them off our tail.

After several more minutes of running away like a criminal, the zombies around us started to disappear. Without giving it any second thought, I went up to the second floor of a shopping mall together with Mikyung. Once we arrived, I quickly moved towards the window. On the street, no zombie could be seen. On top of it, the zombie wall couldn't be seen anywhere. Which means, the tutorial has finally ended.

The moment I took my eyes off the window, a message showed up.

「You have earned 17 Points 」

My brows furrowed for a moment before I nodded my head. It seems that I had found one of the alternative methods of earning points mentioned on the patch notes. Namely, successfully running away from a zombie horde.

Since there's no need to fight, this method was perfect for awakeners with a unique ability that is not related to combat to acquire points. But if you keep trying to acquire points that way, at one point, you will die. Hunting to acquire points means that you will get some combat experience as well, which in turn would improve your sense and instinct when fighting. If you only level up by running away from the zombies, you wouldn't be able to cope with the reinforced zombies.

While Mikyung was taking a break, I went around the floor to see if there were any items spawned for us. In Survival Life, there were two ways of how items would appear. The first way is one of the items that is around the user when they kill a monster would be turned into an item, just like what happened to my watch when I killed the orc. The other was a method in which items were regenerated randomly near the user as an event. Users usually preferred the former because it's cumbersome to move around looking for where it would spawn, though.

When I reached the bathroom, I could see two items sitting on top of the sink. They were bracelets made of soft material.

「Robutan Bracelet: Perception +2」