Chapter 21: Unique Skill Upgrade

<Unique Skill Upgrade>

I had been immersed in spear making since the morning. Though, even when I said it was 'making' a spear, all I did was attaching spear blade into a ready-made wood shaft.

"I want to make the shaft too...." But it was something beyond my ability. Cutting and trimming a good tree was still easy. The problem only arose once I tried to shape it into a spear handle. No matter how hard I tried, the end result was all crooked. Not a single one of them was straight.

After trying a few times more, I decided to just order the shaft from a woodworking shop.

"Get in there!" I attached the spear blade into a 1.5m-long spear shaft and fixed it with a nail. The length of the spear was a tad bit shorter for my liking, but I couldn't help but use it as there's not enough space to store it if it was too long.

"Still, if you add up the spear blade, it's quite long." It was about 1,8m. Several centimetres shorter than my height.

I was satisfied with my creation and quickly ran a test by stabbing a rabbit skin. It went through the leather without any feeling of resistance at all as if I was cutting butter with a hot knife.

As it is, small monsters wouldn't stand a chance against it.

"Though, it will be different for goblins because of their paralyzing darts." However, there's not much to worry about in fights against them if I could set off a firecracker beforehand like before. But I had to refrain from doing that trick too often.

Actually, there's another reason why I made a spear. It was because I found a pack of wolves in the forest.

Of course, they were different from Dingo who was peacefully sleeping next to me. Those wolves were called maned wolves, and although they had a smaller size than silver wolves like Dingo, they were more aggressive and ferocious.

I had seen them hunt a pack of wild boars through the drone. Although the adult wild boars desperately tried to defend their group, the maned wolves managed to kill one of the young wild boars in the end.

"It would be pretty tasty if it was pork..." I took Dingo, a baby wolf, in and yet I salivated at a piglet. I feel like there's something amiss in my head, but I can't help it. Afterall, for me, dogs were friends not food.

Anyway, the appearances of those maned wolf packs were quite intimidating to me.

"They're pretty fast..." They are not as fast as a werewolf, but still faster when compared to a weak monster like goblins. Therefore, unless I hit them with a surprise attack, it will be difficult to hit them using my bow.

I had fought against goblins and kobolds in this forest, but it would be my first time fighting against a wolf. And from what I know from their characteristics, a spear was the perfect weapon against them. I would also use all means available for me such as net gun, firecracker, and capsaicin spray, aside from the spear, my main weapon.

"Anyway, I have to get them." Otherwise, it would be difficult for me to move around the forest.

When I looked at the spear, it glinted sharply. It was a weapon that had been used for a very long time in the history of mankind. It was said that when humans raised their spears, there were no animals that could not be caught.

I should be like that too.

.

.

.

It was not difficult to find the traces of the maned wolf pack. It was because, due to their nature as a territorial creature, they would always hunt in one specific area after they found a place they like.