White Asters

The picture swallowed me whole, opening a whole new world painted in beautiful white clouds. The sun was shining on the fluffy structures and I spotted little angels flying through the clouds through a large temple and into a large cloudy hand that pulled them higher up into the sky.

I was shot up into the air falling onto a marble like surface of stars watching an angel walk their way down the path. From all sides I heard a deep soothing voice speak to the angel. Giving them a task that only he could do.

"Michael. Bring me man's rib. I will make him a companion in the garden of Eden."

I looked up at the figure the brown haired figure, in his hair there were white wisps like beautiful clouds weaving together with the dirt of the Earth. Michael turned around and spread his wings nodding towards the disembodied voice.

"Yes, father. I won't disappoint you." he placed a hand on his heart and smiled up at him. Michael looked so happy, so carefree as he flew down into heaven waiting to come down to Earth to get a rib from Adam. The first man.

Michael stood at the edge of a cloud waiting for the sun to set and for Adam to lay down after eating from God's many bushes and berries. I watched as he looked down at the world his wings flapping back and forth as if he was excited but his black eyes held the same serious expression as he did now.

I sat beside him on the cloud looking out into the garden before I was promptly shoved aside. I looked up at the figure who pushed me off the cloud.

"I heard the all mighty has given you a mission." I stared at the man who sat beside Michael, his hair was a light brown almost light orangish, like the fading sun in the distance mixed with light gray cloudy strands mixed in.

"Where'd you hear that?" Raphael sat beside him letting his wings retreat into his back before laying down in Michaels lap. "Who do you think?" Michael smiled and laughed. "Samael." Raphael scrunched up his nose tipping Michaels halo up. "And Gabriel, those two have the strangest friendship." Michael ran his hand through Raphael's hair. "I wouldn't be surprised if they even were siblings." Raphael opened an eye playfully smiling at Michael.

Raphael pulled himself up so he was facing Michael. Michael let his wings envelop Raphael gently. "What's that supposed to mean?" Michael hummed laying his head on Raphael's shoulder. "We aren't made from the same cloud, Raphael." He said. "Those two are so different, two entirely different clouds, I think Samael is a bit of a bad influence on Gabriel is all. He's like a white cloud in the middle of the day, and Samael, she's at the brink of rain." Raphael chuckled. "Then what about you and me?" He asked.

"I am God's great stratus clouds that protect man from the heat during the day. You Raphael are made from the clouds that rise in the early morning, I can't start my day without you." Raphael blushed. "You're to much." Michael pulled his head up as the sun disappeared behind the horizon. "I have to get to work." Michael let Raphael escape his feathers and stand up. "I have to get back to Gabriel and Uriel too, be safe okay Michael?" He reached out to hold Michaels face rubbing his forehead on his.

Michael summoned a spear to his side. The beautiful weapon looked familiar. I thought back remembering the blade at the end of Michaels gun then to the spear he was holding. The blades looked the same, the same golden glare to them showing how powerful the weapon really was. Raphael pulled back running his hand on the blade of the spear tapping it on the tip before turning back to Michael placing his hands on Michaels cheeks smiling fondly at him, as if expecting him to say something.