Sowing Lotus Seeds

I woke up being shaken out of my sleep. My arms ached from holding and picking up the boxes yesterday, and I sighed. I over worked myself. But hey, at least I could fall asleep without having to wonder about a way to stay comfortable. I rubbed my arms, they were very heavy and I was cold.

"Wake up dear." I heard the voice call to me. I woke up and rubbed my eyes. When did I fall asleep on something so fluffy and soft. I eyed the pillow, then to the mysterious person who woke me up.

"Sarvente?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. I focused my (eye color) eyes on her. She rubbed the top of my head and I sighed. "What time is it?" I asked and she spoke. "Five am. But I'm just getting ready for Tuesday morning mass." I sat up, holding my knees to my chest and looking at her.

"Yeah, I'll move just give me a minute." I said. Sarvente took the blanket from me folding it and I stood up moving my suitcases to the side of the room. "You can put those in the empty office across the garden." She said. I rubbed my eyes again. I needed coffee right now.

"Yeah, sure, I'll set it up temporarily." I leaned against the wall rubbing my arms, cursing, undoing Selevers sweater from my waist and putting it on. There was barely a hint of his scent to it but it was still there. I was comforted and started to wake up a bit more as I stood to the side watching Sarvente clean things around the church up.

I rubbed my eyes yet again and looked at Sarvente. She had a big smile on her face, like someone had just given birth to a baby in her presence. "Am I missing the memo or something?" I sighed. I was to tired to-

"Ruv approved your application! You are officially in training!" My eyes burst open like I was shocked by lighting. "Really!" I yelled, and she nodded. I was so excited. I don't remember being this excited for anything. Not even my mother returning from her visits. Sarvente pointed across the garden circle in the middle of the church. "Right over there, Ruv and I didn't have extra rooms in the secret rooms here in the church, so I decided to put you there." She said with a smile. "It's an empty office but I'm sure you can make due. I dont remember the last time I was there so you'll have to dust the place off and give it a good cleaning."

I cheered, taking my suitcases to the empty office. It wasn't as small as I thought it was going to be there was a bathroom with a shower; I could change in. It beat showering in the congregation, an open place to shower with other people. I shivered. I quickly ran the water to clean the tub grabbing a hand towel and dipping it in the water, wiping down any surface I could find. I'd do a better clean once I could get my stuff packed and sent over here.

I set everything down near the bathroom and Sarvente knocked on the door. "Hello?" I heard her ask, as I walked my way over opening the door for her. When she walked in she was dazed. "Ah, this used to be my cozy little haven before Ruv moved in. I'm sure you'll love it. We can put the bed here and your working desk here! Its always a squeeze to get to the bathroom but, Im sure you can manage." Sarvente said. "I'll have to run and go get you a uniform!" Sarvente said. "I'll get right on that! Oh." She turned to me. "Can you help with breakfast today? I don't know if Ruvs a good candidate to make anything." She said, remembering the egg incident.

"But he wont eat anything I make. He loves your food Sarvente." And Sarvente huffed walking over to the small bookshelf in the corner of the room and she pulled a sticky note out of her dress. It was covered in confetti but it was still there. "Ruv likes eggs over easy, Selever usually doesn't eat much so just give him some fruit and he'll be happy and Rasazy will eat anything you make for her father." I nodded and gulped. She winked at me. "And if they throw up I'll take full responsibility." I laughed, it didn't do well for my nerves, but, it was still reassuring. I sighed and turned to her.