Gardenia

I sighed and looked at Sarvente. Tears blurred my eyes. I couldn't just believe her. I couldn't.

But what if she was telling the truth? I pushed past her, cleaning the bowl and filling it up with soup. I carefully walked away from her. "You may be right, but if I'm going to fall." I turned to Sarvente a dark look passing through my features.

"I'm going to bring him down with me."

I turned the corridor and walked to Selevers room, Sarvente following close behind me as I walked in. Selever was sitting at his desk, Rasazy in his lap reading her a book. My heart softened and I knocked on the door. They turned to me and Rasazy took the book away from the desk.

I set the bowl down and Selever drank it down spooning out the contents. I brushed away his hair and turned his face to me. "Is it good?" I fed into it and Selever pulled on my hand tugging me forward brushing his lips against my ear.

"Best fucking food I've ever had." Selever said. I pulled back. "How do you even have energy to do that!" I huffed and Selever laughed. "You're easy to fluster." I turned him around. "Eat up; there's more in the kitchen for when you're hungry." I said, I played with his hair pulling a brush through the strands as Selever ate. From the corner of my vision, I saw Sarvente walking away without saying a word.

When Selever was done he set the bowl aside, making a motion to Rasazy, telling her to come closer. Rasazy pulled herself up into Selevers lap, Matvei crowing but settling down as well and Selever continued reading to Rasazy.

I felt my cheeks warm and continued to comb through Selevers hair as he read.

Selever often paused to take a water break or use the bathroom, but he was always back to read to his sister. Rasazy ended up sleeping on Selevers bed, tired out from cooking and looking after him. I huffed at Selever as he sat next to her, trying to cough as quietly as he could.

"You're insufferable." I said, Selever grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. "I know. But you love me for it." He winked at me, I grit my teeth together. It was a touchy subject right now; yet I found myself giving into his words and smiled.

"Yeah, you always know how to wiggle into my heart demon boy." I whispered, Selever swung his legs over the side of the bed and looked at me. "Looks like Rasazy stole my bed. I'm going to go sleep on the couch." He grabbed my hand, then to the red blanket he stuffed into his drawer and dragged me to the couch. Selever sat down and patted the spot next to him. When I sat down, he wrapped the red blanket around us holding me close leaning his head on my shoulder. I leaned my head on his kissing the top making sure to avoid his horns.

"Oh, come on." Selever said, I laughed in response. "You know, I was surprised I didn't throw up when I ate your food." He chuckled. I huffed. "You don't have to insult my cooking Selever." I said. "You should take that as a compliment." Selever's crimson eyes trailed up my face. "I don't remember the last time I ate food without throwing up. It finally feels good to have a full stomach." He says. I sighed out.

"I inherited Ruv's picky eating habits, so I cant eat a lot without throwing up." Selever says closing his eyes. "I can't eat moms food here either so I'm miserable." I brought my knees to my chest. "So, I'm happy." Selever was starting to mumble. "I can eat something."

I felt my cheeks go red as I leaned against him, listening to his light breaths and falling asleep next to him.

ooOOoo