7:13 P.M

7:13 P.M

(A/N:Sorry if this chapter is a little boring XD)

AVERI

I turned the key into the lock to only open darkness. Everyone must be sleep. I closed the door quietly and took off my vans.

I tiptoed into the living room to be caught by the one and only.

"Averi Rose Jones, where have you been?" She said while turning on the lamp.

She was sitting in her lazy boy, rocking back and fourth. She had on her bonnet and her acne mask.

My mother was actually pretty young and might I say, very beautiful. She was 34, with natural dark curly hair, caramel brown skin, these beautiful bright light green eyes. I inherited my eyes from my dad. But don't let her looks fool you. She might look like this innocent woman but in reality, she's really crazy. Not the bad crazy but the funny crazy.

"I was out with my friend Forrest." I said while scratching my hair.

"Stop scratchin, you'll mess it up." she said. "Also, who is this Forrest boy you keep talkin about? Is he your boyfriend?" She said with a smirk on her face.

I smirked and shook my head.

"No mama, he's just a friend." I said. Suddenly I felt something coming across my leg. I heard a soft pur.

"Rouge!" I whisper yelled. I picked her up in my arms. She was this white little kitten with bright blue eyes. She was very fluffy and sweet little kitten.

I saw my mom roll her eyes. She got out of the chair and walked up to me. She took my head in her hands and kissed my forehead.

"Don't wake up your brothers." she said and she ruffled my afro.

"Goodnight Averi."

"Night mama."

I rubbed Rouge's fluffy fur. She purred and rubbed her head into my palm.

"And she said don't mess up my hair." I whispered to her. She meowed in response.

I carried Rouge up with me to my room. I put her down on the bed and made my way to D'shawn and Raheem's room. They were twins. They were both 13 going on 14 and very hormonal. They were both athletic though. From what they tell me, they have girls falling at their feet. They are pretty cocky little teenagers but hey, we were all like that one time in our lives. They were already going through puberty; voices all deep, already an inch taller then me, and their hormones are already raging.

I walked into their room and they weren't even sleep. It never fails for me to even find out.

"And mom said don't even wake yall up, but yall steady on them phones." I said while closing the door behind me.

"What can we say, we're pretty clever." he said.

"Wouldn't be funny if she busted in here and beat yall asses." I said.

"It's Saturday, I don't see what the big deal is." D'shawn said.

"That's what I say, but she's just being hard on yall cause yall are gettin older." I said while crossing my arms.

"Then shouldn't it be vice versa? Shouldn't we have more freedom?" Raheem said while typing on his phone.

"Nope, we all know how reckless you guys are. I can already see why she would be more strict." I chuckled.

"Whatever, but why home so late?" D'shawn asked.

"I was out with a friend."

They both looked up from their phones and looked at each other.

"You have friends?" They asked in unison.

I rolled my eyes. My brothers we're practically on top of the social ladder. They were categorized as "cool kids". They know practically everyone at their school. But they only really have like 4 friends that they really hang out with. And let me tell you, their always hitting on me.

"Yes of a matter of fact, I do." I said. "What are you guys trying to say, I'm ugly?" I said while crossing my arms.

They both laughed. The laughing had to at least last for 2 minutes.

Raheem wiped a tear from him eyes. "Averi, your far from ugly. Even Trent would tell you that." He said.

One thing I like about my brothers is that their brutally honest. It could either be very charming, really hilarious, or just plain mean.

"Well Trent's a little perv anyway." I said while crossing my arms.

"The rest of our friends must be too then." D'shawn said.

I rolled my eyes. They sure are.

"So is this friend a boy?" Raheem asked with a huge smirk.

I sighed and facepalmed myself.

"It's like you guys and mom have the same brain or something." I said.

"Answer the question." D'shawn said with amusement in his voice.

I sighed and looked everywhere else but at them.

"Yes." I mumbled.

"What was that?" Raheem said with clear amusement.

"Yes, he's a guy." I said a bit louder.

They both raised their eyebrows.

"Well look at little ole Averi, I'm so proud." D'shawn said while wiping a a fake tear.

"She's finally growing up Shawn." Raheem fake sobbed.

"I'm going to bed, goodnight losers." I said giving them the peace sign. I was already getting tired of them.

I closed the door and went into my room. I changed into a pair baggy maroon colored sweats and my white tank top.

I saw a sleep cat on the floor next to my bed. I smiled at the cute sight and turned off the light. I went on my phone to play a couple of games until I went into a deep sleep.

•••

Hey there!

I was just giving you an insight of what goes on in Averi's house.

I hope you like this chapter because I kinda have something planned for next chapter. I don't know it might be good.

See you guys next chapter!

Xoxo