32

Bellagria

(Jarvis)

Hurried footsteps splashed muddy water, sending a haste trail of the road; it took almost months for Jarvis to enter the kingdom of Bellagria. Without any assistance, without any weapon, this led him to steal knives and axe from a hardware store. God damned him not to go there with such an easy pathway, hence giving him obstacles after obstacles during the journey. Damn Henry for imprisoning his men. Damn Misfit Evan and her brother for catching them in the first place. If it wasn't for that Misfit, he wouldn't be here too.

The queen will love the information he shall distribute to her. He will be rewarded beyond his expectation. He threw a furtive glance over his shoulder, before pulling his hood over. Luck or nay luck, he'll have to try. If he ever wanted to survive, he had to.

His lips curled at the sight of Macrantha's Castle stood majestically in a nearer distance. The castle never grow old, yet it was the reign that changed the home of Bellagria itself. If it wasn't for the thorns and wilted roses wrapped around this dark haunted castle. He would have took the mistake of the Realm of Sin Burgal.

Eager, his steps accelerated, he should have known not to sell his horse just to get rations. Food could wait. This news could not wait. After half an hour, he finally set his foot on the entrance of Macrantha Castle. The main gate was opened, the guards eyed him suspiciously, he pulled his hat away, gave them a bow "I am here to see the queen, there is important news that should be told to her immediately."

"And you are...." One of the guards hung his sentence, Jarvis finished for him impatiently "Jarvis. You know, the head of Lurid Bandit. The queen's close ally." And so much more. How could they have forgotten? His annoyance flared, surely, they knew Lurid Bandit. To his glee, the guards exchanged a nervous look. Jarvis was about to convince them again when he heard a combative yell.

How he missed his queen's charmingly dominant voice.

"YOU FOOL! I SHOULD NOT HAVE TRUSTED YOU!!!" Jarvis winced; she was still the same, merciless. He sighed, wondering what had made her so enraged? Escaped prisoner? Rebels? Or her power? He turned to the guards, who were gulping in anxiety; one of them shook his head "I am afraid that she is not in the mood to see anyone, dear sir." His voice lowered "Especially since she demands bloodbath of young women."

Jarvis remained cool, although he knew what this bloodbath was all about. So, she knows about her existence, no wonder her mood was foul. This meant she had not found out about her whereabouts yet. His hope lifted. The corner of his mouth curved up into a scheming grin, he nodded "So I've been told. Would she be like this if her wish was fulfilled, hmm?"

"God knows what Elda wants; a dead Prenses was highly an impossible request to satisfy."

His grin grew wider, corrected them, "If only she knows where to find."

The guards shot him a skeptical look, but not much longer when they finally understood his sentence, they let them in. Jarvis entered the castle confidently, his arms dangling at his sides. It had been a long time he came here. Seven years of realms exploration perhaps? The shinning marble floor was slippery, it was like he was gliding on the ice. Bellagria used to be a kingdom with four seasons; every four of them brought the kingdom more enchanting and prospect. Jarvis felt a pang of remorse for being a part of this destruction, but such destruction is the only way to keep him surviving. He halted to the door of the grand hall, scrutinized the situation first.

His Elda was seated on the stone throne, prideful and voracious like a serpent, her fine-looking face was void with expression, her lip was in a thin line, and her eyes were blazing with irascible. Not a good sign, if he was immune to her villainous beauty.