6

Chapter 3

(Sam)

"Can you at least tell me where we are going?" demanded Cass loudly, as she swept her grey hair away from her face. Chelsea was playing at Silvana's tail, Sam warned "Chelsea, stop playing its tail." Then, she battled her eyelashes to Cass, repeated: "You'll see."

Sam kept her eyes on the road, yet her attention strayed to the left side of the road, where she passed by tall trees after one. Unlike the other woods, the trees were as grim as death, like they were cursed. But then again, most of Sembon was already looked cursed. Cass raised her eyebrows, she widened her eyes while holding Sam's shoulder firmly, whispered in a panic tone "Sam, it's the Black Forest! Don't go there!"

Chelsea's head perked up at the mention of Black Forest, her eyes adorably "Ooo, Blacky Forest!!" She tugged Sam's shirt, excited at the idea "Take me, Sammy!"

Sam chuckled "That's not where I'm going, you idiots." Both are overthinking, she thought. She waited for Cass's answer, only then she heard her best friend squealed as they could see the manor on view.

This time, Cass's reaction mirrored Chelsea's. "Wait a minute!" Cass exclaimed frantically, clutching on Sam's shoulder "Are we going to the Martel's manor?"

"Yes." Sam's scarf hid her from laughing at Cass's expression. Her eyes looked like they're going to pop out of her eye sockets, there's a goofy grin painted on her face.

"Shoot me already! Why didn't you tell me so? I can't go like this!" Cass showed her skirt with a little stained sauce that she had accidentally spilled during lunch.

Sam shrugged "You looked fine."

Sam told her the conversation between her and Anne at the store. After she finished, Cass said, "Holy cow, you are actually in charge of their outfits." She looked incredulous at that idea. Sam understood. Anne would never give her something important, and yet she did now. She didn't want to disappoint her in this.

"You better don't mess it up. By the way, how are you going to convince those rich people? They expected your mother, not you."

"Mother gave this to me before we left the store. She told me that this letter will explain all." Sam took a folded parchment from her basket. Cass checked it; her eyes averted the letter from line to line. After a moment, she drawled, voice still laced in doubt "It'll do..."

Cass began to smooth her hair, then her dress. All the while she's been doing it with that smile on her face. Cass was fond of Lord Richard Martel. Chelsea however, kept scaring Meow with her excessive sweetness. Poor cat, it looked like it was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Silvana's neigh told them that they had arrived. The three of them whipped up their heads, open-mouthed.

The manor was almost as big as a castle. It was decorated up with ribbons and floras. The three of them crawled down Silvana's back, their eyes catching in every side of this place where they called it a dream come true place.

Holy Blast. It was just as beautiful as Dave told her. Cass was already stepping ahead of her. She kept attracted guards' suspicious looks as she showed her inner excitement.

Servants rushed in and out of a huge gate. She heard a sharp voice commanded, "Hurry up, you scurvy maids! The party doesn't wait for your laziness! Boise, who let out those chickens!? And what are you three young girls doing here?" Sam turned around; a stern-looking lady glared at her.

What does she have to do now? Luckily, Cas answered at once, "Greeting, good lady. We are from Evan Tailoring, under Lord Richard Martel's request." Cass snatched the parchment from Sam's hand, gave it to the lady.