18

Chapter 9

(Henry)

"Are you certain of your wish?"

"Hush, will you?"

"Henry, it was no use to see a prisoner, not to mention that he is one of Lurid Bandit. He can't reveal anything important to us."

Henry drew his hood over his head, halted his horse in front of an arctic old, towering-looking building, crows surrounded the place in a ravenous way, waited for the next victim to the biggest prison in Sembon. Henry and one of his right-hand man, Amis parked their horses to a shady tree beside those brick walls. It won't be long till a culprit will be caught by his wrath, thought Henry while admiring his job that led the jail full of criminals.

He made his decision, he'll just need proof, and another accusation to send his enemy to this very own wall. There was a little hesitation to his harsh decision - not his desire to kill her, but the people of her surrounding were such a nuisance to block his satisfactory victory. But not this time, he was sure of it. To catch her, he will need another foul human like her. He was not satisfied with Jarvis's wee resigned confession on the inquiry two weeks ago, he had thought about it, believed that there was more than what has been told that day when the attack happened. After interrogating those other bandits that day, he had found out that Michael Evan and his wife might not the only people who had survived Lurid Bandit's attack.

Another important, his inquiry with Jarvis was extremely unclear. Unlike others, they were brave to admit their crime, since there was no way except to the barred cell. It looked as though Jarvis had been jinxed not to talk at all except nod and shake his head. He was like a man who had seen a ghoulish monster. He was going to find out soon enough. She will pay for it. He will have the authority to kill her.

Henry and Amis marched their way to the main gate of the stockade, where a guard stood, he opened it with a greet of nod. "Good evening, Sheriff Bernie and Sir Amis, what brings you here?"

Amis was the one who answered "We are here to question a prisoner, who answered by the name Jarvis. Will you lead the way?"

"Why certainly." The guard lost his spirit, he stepped back, slightly aghast to be requested by both respectable men.
.........................................................................
I'm sorry. I have to break this chapter to three parts.

What do you think Henry would do to Sam?