Chapter 20: Truths and Lies

Just remember that Freya has her bracelets on that deter her from using any magic.

And I don't want to give anything away, but Callum wears a ton of jewelry.

I do love my small details though muahaha.

Motivate me to write by letting me know what you think! It's your words that make me write.

.

.

.

During break, I'm by the refreshment table, lingering there while Trey was speaking with two other younger teen wolves probably in their early teens, Ivy and Tris who were talking about fashion.

Fashion. My kind of thing. Perfect timing when Callum walks to the table with the ever present scowl on his face.

I couldn't spot Opal, but this was my time to hype her up around Callum. To look at her in a new light.

"My fashion," I started, looking around in no one in particular, "sucks."

"I think you look good," Trey offered me. Being nice like his heart was carved out of it. I tried to use telepathy on Trey to not compliment me anymore- this was about Opal, not me.

"Opal is such a fashion icon," I sighed. Continuing on my point that these people were not getting. The other girls, Ivy and Tris were hanging on to my every word.

"Right, I love how she looks tonight," Tris agreed with me. "You could use a few tips from her."

I forced a laugh. She wasn't supposed to agree with me. If someone's being self-depreciating, they should uplift, not say I actually sucked. 

For Callum's benefit, I said a little too loudly, "She's so pretty too inside and outside. Her skin is so clear. Brighter than my future."

Callum finally glances over at me. Harsh gaze turned a bit annoyed now. Why was he annoyed?

 Was he going to do his disappearing act now? He said he'd sit through the play with me. Okay, so he wasn't with me technically in the first play, but still. He couldn't go back on his word.

Thankfully, Opal walked over to us, smiling and looking content. Was there anything wrong with Opal? Nope. So that's why I believe that she truly can get any guy that she wants.

"Hi guys," Opal greeted, to us. Blushing when she saw Callum, who turned around sharply away from us. And where is he even going? Looked like I needed to tackle him down.

Ivy gushed out Opal, "Please, you need to tell me where you got that dress. I've never seen anything more fashionable."

Opal accidentally looked at me. Ah bless her. She can't let them know.

Yes, it was my dress. But we weren't going to tell them that.

Lorraine, who was the MC, bless her interrupted the moment. "Guys get back to your seats. Our next segment is horror in spirit of the season."

The crowd cheered, and many wolves moved back to where their spots.

I paused to wait for Opal as she was rooted where she was at. Eyes wide. "Freya. I can't do horror."

Me either. "Say you're lying," I let out a nervous laugh. This is the moment she can get closer to Callum because for once my plan worked. They got their alone time and needed more.