Chapter 31: Royal Announcement

Hope you guys like this chapter!!

Thank you all for your support. Need it for these hard times. (Nothing personal just life).

This story would not be possible without you. Seriously.

.

.

.

The Renaissance was one of the many restaurants that my family owned. From a passion of cooking, Dad and Uncle Lance opened up local restaurant in the area from rising chefs. They did all the paperwork stuff and finances, but most of all, the chefs ran it.

All of them knew us.

The Renaissance was a neutral spot with Wyatt, who West probably told about our argument. Actually, it wasn't even an argument more than him just insulting me.

"You can't be mad at him forever." Wyatt's calm voice made me itch.

It's only been three days since our argument. Mom asked me what's wrong. Erico also managed to actually put his phone down and look at me seriously, asking me what happened.

"If you're here to be on your brother's side, which I get, but I don't want to hear it at this moment. Thank you." I took a big bite of the strawberry cake I loved as much as Dad did.

Wyatt sipped on his cappuccino, narrowing his eyes in thought. "You know he's been nervous about you two meeting."

"Too bad I didn't even know he had a mate."

"His mate didn't even know you existed until a little while ago. West never mentioned it to her because he thought - stupidly- that you wouldn't be home for a while."

"Until I did."

Wyatt nodded, "Right. Completely his fault. What he told you was very insensitive and rude of him."

We were quiet for a few moments.

"How's your school, anyways? Don't tell me you have some secret mate."

"Not in the slightest," Wyatt shook his head, chuckling lowly. "Doing some art pieces for some projects I have. It's taking me some time. Don't have time for love, I'm afraid."

I remember the way West looked at Edith, and vice verse. "Must be nice," I mentioned. "Not that I would ever know, but just...looks nice."

Wyatt agreed as he stole the last piece of cake.

XXXX

Upon my arrival at home, I knew something was up. Erico was away training specifically for him- which he was truly following up on. Making me extremely proud.

Mom was actually home. In the makeshift office that was next to the kitchen, but she wasn't working.

She looked tense. Deep in thought, arms crossed.

"Mom?" I asked her, coming closer to where she was sitting down in her office chair. Mom looked up, and she took a deep breath, managing to smile.

"Freya, how was lunch with Wyatt?" she asked. "How is he?"

"Doing good, he said he'd visit," I replied, sitting on the opposite chair of her. "What's up?"

Mom gave me another small smile. "Well I know you want to know. Erico already saw him earlier than you. Your dad is here."

I gasped so loudly, I could audition to a Spanish soap opera. "What!?" I exclaimed excitedly, jumping up from my chair. "Where!?"

Forgetting the weirdness of what Mom felt about Dad for just one second. That, I would get onto later.