Chapter 15: Chasing Waterfalls

You guys rock! Thanks for commenting and voting. It really means a lot to me and it helps boost my motivation to update much faster.

Enjoy this chapter~

.

.

.

Daisuke was quick, I'll give him that. Not knowing what he was or was not going to do to Callum, I didn't trust this guy. Still very much in his meditation state- failing at it with the deep scowl etched on his face which was even worse than me, he was clueless.

I lunged for Daisuke's feet, grabbing both ankles, causing him to fall down on the floor with a thump as I twisted his leg backward, on a hold.

Thank you, Reggie.

"What are you doing!" Daisuke hissed out, glaring at me. He struggled in my hold, but the angle we were in rendered him useless. 

Trying not to sound too annoyed, I shot back, "Why are you trying to attack him?"

"You- I- wasn't even trying to attack him. Now he's noticed me and you ruined my plans. Thank you so much for your help. Much not appreciated." Daisuke turned to the direction where Callum was, who was now awake, and rose slowly.

"I've noticed you the first step you took on the temple grounds." Callum said it so matter of fact, but Daisuke's face blanched at this. Not liking that fact.

I let him go, scooting backwards. "Weren't you kicked out of the fighter's pack? What are you doing here? I thought you couldn't come back."

"You thought right. I am kicked out. But someone has to help Trey. I know I mess up-" Daisuke glanced up at Callum, and heaved a sighed. "I mess up a lot, sure yeah. Trey needs my help. No one will help him or even listens to me."

Now I'm confused. "Wait- so why were you kicked out in the first place? Besides trying to attack people?"

"I wasn't going to attack Callum," Daisuke rolled his eyes at this. He brushed off something from his pants as he got up. I slowly got up as he did, weary at what he was even doing here. "I was just going to sneak past the temple to do some recon on my own."

"That's a stupid idea." I had to say it. Crossing my arms, I gave him a half shrug. "You could've just asked for help."

"No one believes me," Daisuke said tightly.

"Try me."

Daisuke scoffed at this, and smirked. "Look here, princess." 

For some reason, that made me straighten. There is no way that he would know...anything about me. That saying is common, I have to remind myself. Common when someone is trying to insult you because you might just have higher expectations than the rest of your peers.

A grave reminder to myself that I couldn't really trust anyone here. They would want me dead. And what if these witch hater werewolves also figured out my dad was the vampire prince? Or Grandpa Dami as King? Would they hate me even more? 

I couldn't think about that now.

Too much negativity. Too much thoughts. Too much at stake here.

"Some newbie human can't help me." Daisuke brushed me off so easily, he made his way into the back of the temple, looking around to make sure the coast was clear. It was since everyone was on the other side of the temple, doing what Callum and I should've been doing. "Are you going to tell Daria that I'm here?"