Chapter 14: A Little Hurt

Writing brings me joy. (And an escape). And thanks to you all for making this story even better experience for me. It's always nice to know people enjoy your works. You all rock for motivating me to write this!! Continue doing so!

I try not to let people get to me because I know my characters are the best.

Also, don't tell me to update when I JUST updated a chapter.

.

.

.

"Again."

Reggie had his arms crossed, watching me closely as sweat dripped down my face. Not my best look- well, ever- but I knew after I was done with this, I could take a long nice cold shower and maybe even treat myself to a spa day. Yeah, I'll do that.

Twisting my body in a full 360 motion while holding the two blades as I slashed the dummy in half.

Clapping.

I turned to my cousins and bowed. "Thank you, thank you." It only took me about 40 minutes to get ready to actually fully do it, but I did it.

"Encore!" West called out to me from the ground he was sitting next to Wyatt. Erico went back inside because he had an appointment with his friends for this online game he was playing. Telling me he didn't want to watch me embarrass myself.

I wish Wyatt recorded it.

I took a deep exhale, bending over to my knees.  "Phew. I don't think I can do that ever again."

Reggie shot me a look- one he always gives me when I down play myself. Freya, your skills and magic makes you powerful I will never understand why you insist on trying to do the bare minimum.

I handed the blades back to Reggie, stretching out my arms and looked down at my hands. I gasped out loud, screaming, "NOO!"

Immediately, Reggie, West and Wyatt ran to me, asking what was wrong.

I sniffed. "I chipped my nail."

All three of them groaned. "Come on, Frey! I thought something serious happened," West exclaimed.

"What do you mean? It is serious." I gave him a blank look.

Wyatt chuckled, inspecting my chipped nail for me. "We just went the other day."

"Ugh I know," I frowned. I dragged Wyatt to come with me because the salon is right next to his favorite art store that was local. West said he wouldn't be caught dead near that stinky place.

The things we do for beauty.

"You all did good." Reggie never gave us easy compliments which meant we actually did do good. He didn't mention how I was the last one to get it done, but I was thankful no one ever questioned it.

"Hopefully one day I will never use my training to fight."

"Why is that?" West asked me, confused. "You know how to fight, so just use it."

"Sorry we can't always want to punch people in the face and are ready to beat up anyone at any moment's notice," I said, casting Wyatt a knowing look. It was a family discussion- without West- about why he always chose violence. But, in the end of the day, we knew his intentions were good. He was as pure hearted as they came.