Chapter 6: Here to Stay

Love all your support in this story! Thank you guys a bunch. 

Like Vampire Prince, this is enjoyable for me to write because of you guys.

.

.

.

No way. It couldn't be.

How did he know my parents? Did my parents really come here at this exact place 20 years before? Do I tell Julian that he met my parents? That I'm actually not human like I lied. 

Mom and Dad never told me anything about coming to a pack like this. And they've told me everything because I forced their love story out of them so many times and would always listen. Same with Grandpa because I looked like the spitting image of my grandma, Serenity and then Uncle Lance too.  I was surrounded by my family who gave me the idea of what true love is. 

But they've never mentioned coming to a weird place like here. And I know every single detail, too. 

What should I do? This pack hated witches. That much was clear yesterday when I stumbled upon them. Kill them on sight. If Julian knew Dad's a prince, then they know he's the prince of vampires. But did he know Mom's a witch?

 My heartbeat picked up. 

"Everything okay?" Julian asked me, noticing my long moment of silence.

I swallowed. What happened 20 years ago with my parents and Julian? Were they friend or foe? Should I ask him more about it?

I opened my mouth to say something, but there was a huge scream and shouting from the distance. 

The best part about this particular rock I found across the lake is that it was private, but we could hear what was happening in the village.

Julian cursed under his breath, getting up quickly. "They would have to ruin my mood," he muttered. "Well, let's get back, shall we? It's about to get dark...and who knows."

"Snakes," I said automatically. Shuddering at the thought of seeing one. I think I'll scream bloody murder and die on the spot. Not to be dramatic or anything.

"There's that...too." Julian's mouth formed a hard line for an instant.

XXXX

Elliot was the center of the fight. 

Who would have thought? I rolled my eyes when I saw him yelling at someone, and he was being stopped by this woman who had a head of brown curly hair, tied back trying to tame it. Who also looked like she was about to knock him out.

Honestly, I would be so here for it.

Elliot was shouting, "Take it back! She didn't die for-"

"Elliot," Julian made himself known, and the woman who looked like she was about to beat Elliot up, turned to Julian. Shooting daggers at him.

Whoa, where did the hostility come from. "Julian. If only you were keeping track of your subordinates," the woman said. "My division doesn't take disrespect."

"Daria, it's so good to see you too. It's been a while," Julian greeted her amicably. "I'm doing fine, thanks for asking."

"I didn't ask," Daria deadpanned. She moved to the side, and another younger werewolf stepped in. His brown hair was cropped short, and he was attractive. His gaze went from Julian and zeroed in on me.